Yeti GOBOX Collection

Electric powder dispensers???

Elktrack

Long story short, I had a RCBS Chargemaster Lite and it was great but it’s gone now and I’m NOT going back to the old ways of measuring and trickling everything. I got spoiled and lazy with the electric/digital setup.

I’m looking at the RCBS Link and it RCBS Chargemaster Supreme. Is the supreme worth the extra cost? I don’t like to go cheap on reloading equipment but I am on a budget.

Anyone with experience using these?

I’ll check it out. Is it consistently accurate?
I had to look up the name for it. Lol
The Intelidropper.

After doing the calibration weights, there is a function that tests powder drop.
Essentially lets the dropper know how fast and how long to get to a certain weight for the powder your using.

I've checked it against my RCBS beam scale with different powder and different volumes.
Been spot on so far.
I've been using it about a year.

The only "issue " i've had with it is the drain port.
Really stiff from the factory.
I pulled it off and did some slight trimming so it's not so tight.
A 2X6 trimmed to length for the dispenser to sit on helps raise the port so you can actually get to it & put something under it.

I had to look up the name for it. Lol
The Intelidropper.

After doing the calibration weights, there is a function that tests powder drop.
Essentially lets the dropper know how fast and how long to get to a certain weight for the powder your using.

I've checked it against my RCBS beam scale with different powder and different volumes.
Been spot on so far.
I've been using it about a year.

The only "issue " i've had with it is the drain port.
Really stiff from the factory.
I pulled it off and did some slight trimming so it's not so tight.
A 2X6 trimmed to length for the dispenser to sit on helps raise the port so you can actually get to it & put something under it.
Right on.
Thank you!

I have the chargemaster...vintage 2015 or so. It has started to wander by it's 0.1 grain measurement. It started in my new house (possibly electrical interferences) and it needs time to "warm" up and I added a ferrite choke. I find I'm messing with it too much and dumping charges so I'm slowly going back to dumping powder and trickling up on a beam scale. This spring I'm spending big money on an Auto Trickler. Yes it's a grand but I have single elder millennial money and that's how it works for me 😅

I have the chargemaster...vintage 2015 or so. It has started to wander by it's 0.1 grain measurement. It started in my new house (possibly electrical interferences) and it needs time to "warm" up and I added a ferrite choke. I find I'm messing with it too much and dumping charges so I'm slowly going back to dumping powder and trickling up on a beam scale. This spring I'm spending big money on an Auto Trickler. Yes it's a grand but I have single elder millennial money and that's how it works for me 😅
I’ve been doing the same with my chargemaster for years. I just don’t trust the scale anymore. I’d love to get an Auto Trickler, V3 or 4, but dropping $1200 on a scale and trickler is a hard pill to swallow.

The original. I think it’s the 1500? I’ve had it close to 10 years, I’ve gotten my money out of it.
Copy that. Apparently the only two currently in production are the Link and the Chargemaster Supreme. I’d love to get another Lite but no longer available

I ran accross 2 of the Charge Masters at a flea market last year.
Going cheap.
But missing the scales.
Talked to RCBS.
They won't work without the scale. At all.
And the scales are not available separately.

I ran accross 2 of the Charge Masters at a flea market last year.
Going cheap.
But missing the scales.
Talked to RCBS.
They won't work without the scale. At all.
And the scales are not available separately.
Seems kinda lame of RCBS. But maybe it has to do with calibration or something. Bummer

Last edited:
Lots of folks have had decent results with the Chargemaster over the years. I had a Hornady for a bit. The FX-120i/Autotrickler combo is a step up for certain, but unless you're shooting 800+ (or 600 yd BR) you probably can't tell on target. I felt like my LR results became noticeably more consistent when I upgraded scales.

If I had to start over it'd be a FX120i/Supertrickler combo. I could make due with a Chargemaster for a bit but I'd throw a lot more charges.

I've been trying to decide between the Supreme and the Match Master from RCBS. After reading way to many reviews I've decided to hand throw until I save enough for the SuperTrickler. Too many people saying their RCBS products only lasted a year or two.

Not to hijack the thread, but how is RCBS customer service?

I called them yesterday about my Charge master Link that won't turn on and was told it's probably just the cord. The tech said she'd send me another cord and would email me a tracking number. I haven't gotten an email yet.

I’ve had a chargemaster supreme since about 2014 and it has treated me well. I got an AutoTrickler v3 because the internet told me my chargemaster was likely to wander and less accurate. I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference in my ammos performance with the v3 but it does load notably faster with fewer overthrows.

My chargemaster has always done pretty dang well with check weights and when I weighed a bunch of charges on a A&D it was seldomly off more than 2 or 3 kernels. I also moved it about 9 times when I was moving across the country for a new project every 6-12 months so it got bounced around plenty.

I have an older Lyman 1200 DPS that I bought used a few years ago. I think I gave $125 for it. Came in the factory box with everything but manual (which was easily downloaded from the net). It works great. Comes with a check weight to verify zero. It is usually consistent but very rarely has been off slightly (light) when charge is dispensed. I always check the scale readout before picking up the pan. Easy enough to pour it back in the pan and dispense another charge. Have to be careful removing the pan so I don't knock a couple of grains out of the trickler spout into pan (screws up that charge - too heavy) or onto scale (screws up following charges - too light). I suspect this can be an issue with just about any digital scale/dispenser. The "enter" key on mine is sticky but this scale was clearly used a lot. It probably just needs the keyboard cleaned. My only gripe is the trickler is poorly placed in the feeder at base of hopper. A substantial amount of powder is always underneath and unavailable to the trickle feeder tube. Doesn't affect operation but can be kinda messy cleaning the machine when finished with a loading session. Once I got the hang of it, cleaning wasn't that hard, just more complicated than it needed to be. The Lyman scale takes up more space than either RCBS or Hornady models but space isn't an issue for me. The factory storage box is getting worn so this summer I plan to make a nice wooden one.
279731.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back