Electric powder dispensers???

I have both a chargemaster and an AutoTrickler. depends what you’re doing, but for most hunting and even some match shooting the chargemaster is fine. I actually just throw the charges for 200/300/600 yard matches. the AutoTrickler is for long range matches.

My chargemaster quit working a few years ago,and I sent it in to Lone Mountain Communications To fix. It wasn’t cheap, but was cheaper than a new one. They did a good job, and it continues to work fine. Depending on what happened to yours, I’d consOder having them take a look at it before buying a new one.

Last edited:
I have the Intellidropper and it works well for me. I'll weigh every 4 or 5 charges with a different scale and it comes out accurate.

Long story short, I had a RCBS Chargemaster Lite and it was great but it’s gone now and I’m NOT going back to the old ways of measuring and trickling everything. I got spoiled and lazy with the electric/digital setup.

I’m looking at the RCBS Link and it RCBS Chargemaster Supreme. Is the supreme worth the extra cost? I don’t like to go cheap on reloading equipment but I am on a budget.

Anyone with experience using these?
I have used my RCBS Chargemaster since introduction …….valuable item on my Reloading bench.

I’ve been doing the same with my chargemaster for years. I just don’t trust the scale anymore. I’d love to get an Auto Trickler, V3 or 4, but dropping $1200 on a scale and trickler is a hard pill to swallow.
If you have a good beam scale the Target master powder trickler from a guy in the uk might be worth a look. I bought one about a year ago and I really like it. I already had a good beam scale and powder thrower so it has worked out well for me.

I use a rcbs charge master 1500. I have been happy with it. A decade plus.

I do let mine warm up for 1/2+ Hour each time which seems to help.

Two questions for me came up in this thread though. One was that the charge master started to wonder .1 of a grain. How are people measuring that? I cross reference periodically with my 505 but not sure it is fully accurate to .1.

The other question was in regards to the pan. Walking in to look at my model it dawned on me that the reference might have been to the pan tray. If it is you might try one of the 3d printer people.

I use a rcbs charge master 1500. I have been happy with it. A decade plus.

I do let mine warm up for 1/2+ Hour each time which seems to help.

Two questions for me came up in this thread though. One was that the charge master started to wonder .1 of a grain. How are people measuring that? I cross reference periodically with my 505 but not sure it is fully accurate to .1.

It's been tested a lot vs higher end lab scales. Some units are pretty decent and stay really close to the displayed weight (see Wind Gypsy's experience above, not a total outlier), some have varied more like .3 gr. If not comparing to a higher end scale, a check weight can be used to track drift. I used to use a dime with the weight written on it to check for drift as it was a similar weight to a powder charge.

It and all the consumer oriented scales use strain gauges for weighing, which are known to drift over time. When I had my Hornady thrower I'd try to check it every 20 rounds or so, I'd probably end up re-zeroing every 60 throws give or take.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back