MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Eddie Bauer 50% off

L

longbow51

Remembered several folks looking for extreme bags. Just got an email from Eddie Bauer 50% off 1 item, no exclusions. I suspect the -30 Kara Korum is still good; was The Bomb back in the day, and for half price...some good parkas too. Obv don't work for EB...or anyone else lol.

Most of this crowd won't associate with Eddie Bauer...or admit it.😁
I bought a camo down jacket on closeout for $80 which has been great, but all that was available was a medium. She's a little snug and short in the sleeves ;)
But works great for the layering systems Sitka and Stone Glacier espouse....at a significant savings.

Why the hate on EB? It's 850 fill down, pertex exterior, for $400? What am I missing?

Why the hate on EB? It's 850 fill down, pertex exterior, for $400? What am I missing?
I think it makes folks who've lived in Bozeman for 40 years feel like the folks who've lived in Bozeman for 2 years, if you know what I mean. I have some of that too, but I've heard enough good stuff lately that I'm curious...

I don’t think there’s hate for EB. It’s functional across the board, some of it’s great, and the value is impressive.

Look at waffle fleece, you could pony up $150-200 for pataguchi or first lite, or $40 for EB... and they come in earth tones.

I did try their Guide Pro Work pants this fall for my new upland pants... they're not great, definitely not worth the extra to go from the Guide Pro to the Guide Pro "work".

Thanks for the tip. Great deals. Could’ve used a new sleeping bag but got my wife a nice winter coat instead. Nothing wrong with EB. They have good stuff.

I had an EB black friday ad show up on facebook for their cirrus lite jackets. On a whim I checked out the website. Tall sizes for sale and in stock? I'm in!

I have a EB sweater that dad gave me 30 years ago. Wear it when it gets real cold.
Had a down parka once. It was deluxe.

What has happened to EB over the years is common with a lot of iconic outdoor brands. 40 plus years ago, when there still was a guy named Eddie Bauer, EB made some of the best down gear around. They were the quality leader for expedition gear. Through changes in ownership and marketing strategy, they drifted from that to be more of an “urban outfitter,” opening stores in malls selling casual clothing and lost focus on hard core gear. Same story with Abercrombie & Fitch and many others. They build revenue to satisfy their new investors by broadening the customer base to sell to folks who‘ll never spend a night in a down bag, but still trade on the iconic brand name. I’m not sure where they are in the cycle today, but that transition from a true outdoor gear company to a casual clothing brand trading on their history likely explains the hate.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back