eats

TLC

anyone in the missoula area have suggestions for a place to eat? will be stopping there saturday night on my way to idaho for my bear hunt.

will be coming from gillette. says it's about 8-9 hours across. figure I'll be there around 5? anyone wants a beer or other cold beverage, drop me a PM.

Cafe Zydeco makes some pretty good food but can be a bit pricey. I've never been to the Dinosaur Cafe but I hear it is just as "divey" but better than Zydeco.

Last edited:
Double front cafe. Order the fried chicken dinner and a couple cold smokes and thank me later.

Another vote for Zydeco Cafe. My wife and I ate their for our anniversary. I can recommend the fried catfish po boy and the crawfish entouffe'. Now you got me drooling.

When I die I want to be buried in a used greasy doublefront take-out box.

It's a little known fact that Lewis and Clark were able to survive their first winter in the Rockies by eating take-out doublefront.

Teddy Roosevelt named the Rocky Mountain Front after a long night of fried chicken and cold smoke consumption in the garden city.

Double-Front is good. In Milltown, a couple miles to the east, the River City Grill has never let me down and has the best cream of tomato soup I've ever had.

For full effect though, wings and a pitcher of beer at the Desperado.

Another vote for the River City Grill in Milltown. The best part about it is that you do not have to go into Missoula. I am not sure if they serve Cold Smoke but that is my favorite beer.

spending the night there before heading across 12 to kamiah, idaho. so, seems we have a few choices..........fried greasy chicken, po boys, or cream of tomato soup and wings......only constant is the cold beer.

Now I know why you are coming in via MT! I was really wondering after I read your first post...
Good luck!

spending the night there before heading across 12 to kamiah, idaho. so, seems we have a few choices..........fried greasy chicken, po boys, or cream of tomato soup and wings......only constant is the cold beer.

I live in Bozeman so everytime I go through Missoula I hit up Cracker Barrel. Nothing beats it.

Despo's, Double Front, River City, Dinosaur are all good choices. Zydeco used to have an amazing crawfish taco, but they changed the recipe I haven't been back, can't speak for other things on the menu. Tamarack Brew Pub next to Caras Park has pretty good food, but only serve the beer they brew. Mo Club is always a good choice too for a beer and a burger.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back