Eating well lately

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Over the last week, the wife and I only cooked wild game for dinner. This has only made me more excited for hunting season.

The first night I sous vided elk tenderloin, from the neighbor, to 126°F then finished with a quick sear. The wife prepped zucchini, cucumbers, onions, and green peppers from the garden.
20190817_185049.jpg

The next night I fried up the rest of our perch fillets and she cooked vegetables.
20190818_173858.jpg

Next up, some brook trout!

Our freezer is too empty...I need to fix that with some grouse and/or ducks in a few weeks!

To update on the meals;
20190907_132958.jpg
Made some venison chili a couple of nights ago.
20190828_123804.jpg
I used my last packs of whole muscle and made jerky, maple jalapeno flavored.

Maple jalapeño sounds intriguing! I really like the sweet heat combo! I wish I would have seen this an hour ago as I just started marinating some goose for jerky to take west later this week.

Maple jalapeño sounds intriguing! I really like the sweet heat combo! I wish I would have seen this an hour ago as I just started marinating some goose for jerky to take west later this week.
What did you marinate it with?

No pictures but I cooked some duck breasts tonight. Thawed the meat and patted them dry. Let them sit in olive oil and salt for thirty minutes. I then pan seared them for two minutes on each side. Delicious! FYI, these were blue wing teal and wood duck. For bigger breasts, I would cook longer because of the size difference.

Decided to clean the freezer out! At lunch, I had smoked rainbows.
20200210_162333.jpg
And then for dinner I had a pheasant pot pie!
20200210_193933.jpg
This was a great meal to get ready for the national pheasant fest. Both meals were great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back