Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Eating dinosaurs

Yes, I have heard of that tactic. My main issue is they aren't in any waters near me. It is too bad that so many native species get bad raps as trash fish. Bowfin get this rap a lot by me, although they aren't good too eat from what I heard-very boney and soft flesh. I've never tried them though, I bet you could make fish cakes out of them. They do fight fantastic on rod and reel, I bet those gar do too
We call bowfin “chopique”. I think they are an awesome fish. I only keep them if I don’t think they will recover. They almost always put up a heck of a fight.

Chopique balls in gravy ain’t nothing to sneeze at.

We call bowfin “chopique”. I think they are an awesome fish. I only keep them if I don’t think they will recover. They almost always put up a heck of a fight.

I have yet to catch them with rod and reel. I have shot a few but didn't bring a cooler to put them in so they ended up as fertilizer.

I would love to spend time down there learning how to prepare and cook all the different types of fish and game.
Maybe @Big Fin could do a video with you "Cooking with Coonass"!

I would love to spend time down there learning how to prepare and cook all the different types of fish and game.
Maybe @Big Fin could do a video with you "Cooking with Coonass"!
If he does a video “ Cooking with Coonass” it needs to be with a better cook than me. My mamaw, mom, aunt, and uncle come to mind. They were all doing Southern/Native American/Cajun fusion before fusion food was a thing.

My best dishes are all deer, turkey, and fish related but I can’t hold a candle to a lot of folks I know.

If he does a video “ Cooking with Coonass” it needs to be with a better cook than me. My mamaw, mom, aunt, and uncle come to mind. They were all doing Southern/Native American/Cajun fusion before fusion food was a thing.

My best dishes are all deer, turkey, and fish related but I can’t hold a candle to a lot of folks I know.
Now don't sell yourself short. Cracks me up these "Cajun" restaurants that people think is real Louisiana cooking, and pay stupid money for. They are like Taco Bell is to authentic Mexican.

Now don't sell yourself short. Cracks me up these "Cajun" restaurants that people think is real Louisiana cooking, and pay stupid money for. They are like Taco Bell is to authentic Mexican.

This reminds me of a guy I worked with that was born and raised in Mexico. I've never really got into Mexican food so I was asking him about it and he told me that authentic Mexican food is actually very bland. It's the americans that decided to add spice to it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back