Eastern Montana....

psinclair

NE Montana...also known as "Little Siberia".
IMG_5968.jpg

I predict many exceptional bulls taken this coming fall. Mild winter, followed by the best moisture I've ever seen in April, May, and June.

Sounds like a fun adventure with larger antlers than usual waiting at the end of the adventure. Hard to complain about that. Well, back might be sore having extra weight to carry out at all with the larger racks and presumably more meat. Bummer.

South eastern part has had a big whiff on on much of the rain. It is very dry on the Custer right now and there is a lot of Cheat grass. Could be some big fires this year.
It is nice not having to fight the blood sucking bugs.

Last edited:
That sounds great because I finally have a breaks ES rifle permit to fill in November..... sure looks like tons on greenery coming up for feed.

South eastern part has had a big whiff on on much of the rain. It is very dry on the Custer right now and there is a lot of Cheat grass. Could be some big fires this year.
It is nice not having to fight the blood sucking bugs.

We have already had a few fires around Baker here and quite a few just over in to North Dakota. Not a good thing this early into the summer

Great pic! I very much dig that country. Need to make it a priority to spend some time there.

Well, if psinclair is correct . . . . . . we should see him with another exceptional bow killed elk this fall.

How's eastern Montana look for sweet clover? Look like there some in the photo. I'm not a big fan of that stuff, it typically gets waist high and then dies out (dries up) and then is very noisy to move around in during archery season.

Very little sweet clover on the Custer. There is good grass as there was good rain in April. May and June have been lacking so it is drying out fast.

Back