Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

East Idaho moose

lucky man - hope you had some horses or help with the pack-out. would love to read the whole story too. congrats great bull

Thanks all - We live close so have scouted the area heavy all summer and fall. Had a bigger one, a monster, that she had a few encounters with, but just couldn’t get it done. Saturday morning we spotted a huge bodied bull, real wide but paddles looked like 1x6’s. Had made the decision to pass when this guy walked out onto same hillside and she decided he was a shooter. I stayed low with the glass and she took off. Planned her own stalk and circled around onto a ridge that was even to the bulls in elevation and just 100 yards away. She slipped over the top and the was spotted by the big bodied bull, who headed up hill angling above her, passing at 75 yards. She didn’t know if the other bull busted as well - but just decided to wait it out. After 10-15 min, the bull was on high alert and came out, taking a few steps and looking around and then a few more. She got him in the scope, and first shot caught the back 1/3 of both lungs. He went down fairly quickly, and when he regained his feet, she put a round through top of his heart and he was dead before she could get to him. Christensen Arms Ridgeline in .300 WM with Hornady 200 gr ELD-X handloads. Today has been spent watching football and cutting meat. Bonus was my son in law packing in our grandson to be part of the experience, when he came to help cut and pack. We have been blessed this year. I was able to take a bear ( rifle ) and whitetail buck ( archery ) - while out looking for moose.

Attachments

• IMG_5518.jpeg
    IMG_5518.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 55
Thanks all - We live close so have scouted the area heavy all summer and fall. Had a bigger one, a monster, that she had a few encounters with, but just couldn’t get it done. Saturday morning we spotted a huge bodied bull, real wide but paddles looked like 1x6’s. Had made the decision to pass when this guy walked out onto same hillside and she decided he was a shooter. I stayed low with the glass and she took off. Planned her own stalk and circled around onto a ridge that was even to the bulls in elevation and just 100 yards away. She slipped over the top and the was spotted by the big bodied bull, who headed up hill angling above her, passing at 75 yards. She didn’t know if the other bull busted as well - but just decided to wait it out. After 10-15 min, the bull was on high alert and came out, taking a few steps and looking around and then a few more. She got him in the scope, and first shot caught the back 1/3 of both lungs. He went down fairly quickly, and when he regained his feet, she put a round through top of his heart and he was dead before she could get to him. Christensen Arms Ridgeline in .300 WM with Hornady 200 gr ELD-X handloads. Today has been spent watching football and cutting meat. Bonus was my son in law packing in our grandson to be part of the experience, when he came to help cut and pack. We have been blessed this year. I was able to take a bear ( rifle ) and whitetail buck ( archery ) - while out looking for moose.
The story makes the picture even more incredible!
Very cool

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back