Caribou Gear Tarp

Early Archery Iowa

maxx

I own an access lot on a small private lake. This allows me to hunt the lake property. The association has rules to follow, you have to kill 2 does before you can use your buck take. It is probably a good thing because I most likely would have shot this guy last night. My goal the last three years has been 150 but I still don't have a P&Y buck with my bow. I have killed a few bigger with rifle/muzzy's.

My season would have been over very quickly so I am grateful for that. I don't think he goes 150 but I think he would have made P&Y easily. His buddy and him put on a nice show for me. My camera skills are lacking. I need to learn to edit though because I do have a handful of good videos as far as action goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T_yymNPvY0

Good pass.

Looks pretty young with some great potential if he makes it this year.

Good luck and hope you stick a whopper.

Iowa is an incredible state for whitetails, I had a great hunt there last January.

Looks like you had a good opening day. Sometimes I get used to watching them that I forget my true intentions. He would probably get a very close look up this way. You got more and bigger deer down that way so you can shop around more. Good luck this year.

Nice video. I love big 8's :) Looks to be around 138 - 140.Hope you get a chance at him later in the season.

Good luck to all
the dog

I would strongly disagree. This is a 120ish deer. Great looking genetics and healthy looking deer, will be a great buck. Just not mature yet. You have to have a hell of a 4x4 to make 135-140 , and this is not a hell of a 4x4, more like a run of the mill 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 year old . Great looking deer tho! thanks for the awesome video! :D

I would strongly disagree. This is a 120ish deer. Great looking genetics and healthy looking deer, will be a great buck. Just not mature yet. You have to have a hell of a 4x4 to make 135-140 , and this is not a hell of a 4x4, more like a run of the mill 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 year old . Great looking deer tho! thanks for the awesome video! :D

I don't think he is 140 but I do think he makes P&Y easy. I think he is in the 130 range

I think 130 is pushing it. He is a nice deer but 8s just don't score well. The second buck actually looks older.

Tough to get an idea on age from that angle, he must have been really close. That buck probably goes mid 130's. More height and length and a lot more beam. Had a chance at 140 but like others have said, it really takes a monster 8 to hit 140. Nice buck though.

Both deer look like they are 2.5 years old. I would bet the larger 9 point would come up shy of 130. Short main beams and very little mass, spread is kinda average. Those features can make the tines look longer than they are. Both look like healthy deer, I hope you get a shot at them next year or the year after.

Sweet video!

Don't think he'll make P&Y. Guessing 120. I've killed a couple 135-140 4points, as well as a pile of 120-130s and they are a class above this guy.

Mb-19
G1 4
G2 7
G3 6
H1 4
H2 4
H3 3.5
H4 2.5
Spread 17

117... young buck too. Good job passing.

One doe down. She was pretty small but she is going to eat very well.

Sweet video!

Don't think he'll make P&Y. Guessing 120. I've killed a couple 135-140 4points, as well as a pile of 120-130s and they are a class above this guy.

Mb-19
G1 4
G2 7
G3 6
H1 4
H2 4
H3 3.5
H4 2.5
Spread 17

117... young buck too. Good job passing.

Pretty close to the numbers I come up with!

Nice young deer but have to agree with others on this point it is difficult for 8 to go in 130's let alone 40's or 50's. Nice genetics I am sure there are bigger ones out there stay after it good luck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back