Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Dyna-Tek Bore Coat process

The difference to me would be that monometal bullets have not been as widely used in the past as they are now, which might be why copper fouling wasn't as much of an issue. Guys on other forums that shoot a ton more than I convinced me to give it try. Altho you could be 100% right and it's more of a placebo than anything.

As the owner of an LB7 known for injector problems that all those fuel additives are supposed to fix... you make a good point.
Not to side track your thread but one of the best things for the LB7 is to upgrade the fuel filter system to use the CAT filters. Simple to do also.
Also dyna bore coat is very popular on 24hr campfire and many report great results especially in factory barrels.

I checked out 24hr campfire a couple of years ago and I found that it is absolutely the cesspool of hunting forums. (n)

Not to side track your thread but one of the best things for the LB7 is to upgrade the fuel filter system to use the CAT filters. Simple to do also.
Also dyna bore coat is very popular on 24hr campfire and many report great results especially in factory barrels.
I've heard of that mod, it's on the list for sure. Did the Fass pump already, and the fixed the transfer case rub. Hoping to get a lot more out of it with a few more tweaks.

I joined this forum with the sole purpose of downloading the attached instructions. I live in Kansas City where Dyna-Tek is located and obtained some of this product. I had my gunsmith apply this product to a 40 year old rifle that I've owned for about half that time. He said he uses Dawn dishwashing liquid as part of his cleaning process but he had little of that to do. I use SharpShootr products (also made locally in Paola, KS). I am amazed at how effective they are. Even more so after curing rounds were shot when cleaning was a snap. I don't know how accurate this is but the gunsmith said Dyna-Tek bore coat is used by the military, particularly for machine guns which run cooler. Velocity is also increased but I wouldn't know that. I don't have a chronograph yet (Santa?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back