Duck Boat Stolen- good replacement for marsh?

Zootownelk

I'm very sorry to report my old Alumacraft "Ducker" has disappeared from a private marsh with a secure entry point. Whoever it was must have walked around gate and dragged or lifted my Ducker back to the public gravel road. Anyways, it's gone, and I'm looking for a replacement, asap. I rowed and push-poled it in about 100 acre soft bottom cattail marsh with water a few feet to several inches. Boat was 12' in length and fit me, my lab, and my gear, without any room to spare. I usually would setup a makeshift blind with fastgrass and push into a stand of cattails . Not a layout boat. I sit in a low-profile chair and stand and shoot. I usually take no more than 40 decoys and have a Jet Sled as needed for that amount of decoys. Ideally, want a boat with a flat platform for dog to sit on. Open to a transom for motor mount in the future. I've looked at Carsten's, Beavertails, and Vantage PT's . Any ideas or customs setups on other options? The Ducker was perfect- would buy another one if one was easily available.

This was in Central Iowa, fyi, if anyone happens to see someone with an old Ducker.

Attachments

• My Boat.jpg
    My Boat.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'm very sorry to report my old Alumacraft "Ducker" has disappeared from a private marsh with a secure entry point. Whoever it was must have walked around gate and dragged or lifted my Ducker back to the public gravel road. Anyways, it's gone, and I'm looking for a replacement, asap. I rowed and push-poled it in about 100 acre soft bottom cattail marsh with water a few feet to several inches. Boat was 12' in length and fit me, my lab, and my gear, without any room to spare. I usually would setup a makeshift blind with fastgrass and push into a stand of cattails . Not a layout boat. I sit in a low-profile chair and stand and shoot. I usually take no more than 40 decoys and have a Jet Sled as needed for that amount of decoys. Ideally, want a boat with a flat platform for dog to sit on. Open to a transom for motor mount in the future. I've looked at Carsten's, Beavertails, and Vantage PT's . Any ideas or customs setups on other options? The Ducker was perfect- would buy another one if one was easily available.

This was in Central Iowa, fyi, if anyone happens to see someone with an old Ducker.
Take a look at County Line boats. One of the few making aluminum marsh boats these days.

That really sucks, those are cool boats. A momarsh boat would fit the bill although pricey. I know there are quite a few others out there as well. A little different but another would be a nucanoe with the layout boat setup.

Have a beavertail stealth 2000, they are a bit heavy, but very stable have flat dog platform and can get an add on side trolling motor mount. I use a kayak paddle and it moves pretty well, bit pricey but can find some used ones every now and then. Brother in law had canoe stolen from private gravel pit on their farm too. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back