Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Dubya's Campaign Advising Swifties....

JoseCuervo

First you got Bush campaign advisors appearing in advertisements for the Swifties, now you have Bush's campaign lawyer directing the Swifties... (And not to mention Rove and Perry's connections)

Not looking good for ol' Dubya as he tries to convince America that he has not ties to the group... :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WASHINGTON -- A lawyer for President Bush’s re-election campaign disclosed Tuesday that he has been providing legal advice for a veterans group that is challenging Democratic Sen. John Kerry’s account of his Vietnam War service.

Benjamin Ginsberg’s acknowledgment marks the second time in days that an individual associated with the Bush-Cheney campaign has been connected to the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which Kerry accuses of being a front for the Republican incumbent’s re-election effort.

The Bush campaign and the veterans’ group say there is no coordination.

The group "came to me and said, ‘We have a point of view we want to get into the First Amendment debate right now. There’s a new law. It’s very complicated. We want to comply with the law, will you keep us in the bounds of the law?’ " Ginsberg said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I said yes, absolutely, as I would do for anyone."

Ginsberg said he never told the Bush campaign what he discussed with the group, or vice versa, and doesn’t advise the group on ad strategies.

"They have legal questions and when they have legal questions I answer them," Ginsberg said.

Kerry’s campaign last week filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission accusing the Bush campaign and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth of illegally coordinating the group’s ads.

"It’s another piece of the mounting evidence of the ties between the Bush campaign and this group," Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton said of Ginsberg’s admission.

On Saturday, retired Air Force Col. Ken Cordier resigned as a member of the Bush campaign’s veterans’ steering committee after it was learned that he appeared in the Swift Boat veterans’ commercial.

The Bush campaign, responding to Ginsberg, again denied involvement with the veterans group’s ads. "There has been no coordination at any time," said campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel.

Kerry, meanwhile, is the subject of complaints by the Bush campaign and the Republican National Committee accusing his campaign of illegally coordinating anti-Bush ads with soft-money groups on the Democratic side, allegations he and the groups deny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back