Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

DT Jr. on Meateater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that the last gift to the American people on his way out of office was to gift them a 300 sq mi monument I'd say that administration cared a great deal about wild places and public lands.

Was anyone able to fact check the stats DT Jr quoted at the end of the interview? He stated some 4 million acres are now available to the public. Is that accurate, and if so, how many projects were leftover from the previous administration?
I believe he was referring to opening up refuge lands to public hunting and fishing.

I wouldn't be...sometimes locals take a lot for granted in regard to wildlife, public lands, etc. and treat them like total crap. I'll be cleaning up a piece of BLM land here in the next couple weeks that the locals about destroy every year. A city dweller may view the opportunity to use public lands and hunt as something very special or at least show a lot of appreciation when they may get the chance. Its a wrong assumption that you have to be physically present on every piece of public land to have "significant feelings toward wild places". Advocates are advocates, no matter where they live and some that live in very urban areas are some of the best we have, for all kinds of reasons.

I think maybe it would be best to drop the assumptions and pre-conceived notions...both ways.

Sorry, every time I go to Denver I'm not left thinking "Wow, look at how clean this place is, I bet they love to take good care of the campgrounds in the mountains when they go up there for the weekend too!" A few rednecks destroying a piece of BLM is not a representative sample...

Sorry, every time I go to Denver I'm not left thinking "Wow, look at how clean this place is, I bet they love to take good care of the campgrounds in the mountains when they go up there for the weekend too!" A few rednecks destroying a piece of BLM is not a representative sample...

I wish it was a few...and only rednecks.

Well hunting season ended a few months ago and his father IS running for Presidency again...

With how many posts he has it took a while to scroll back to hunting season. Just based on the overall number of posts not sure "avid" should be the descriptor when calling him an outdoorsman. Maybe avid IGer and twitterer that does some stuff outside occasionally. But it did look like the ratio of outdoors posts last fall doubled from 2 posts out of 30 to 4 posts out of 30 (just made up numbers in case anyone is questioning them).

I'm terrified of your assessment of my IG

I do have high standards for who I follow. Thankfully, with Greenhorn's suggestions in that thread a few months ago I did increase my follows quite a bit.

There was a thread on this and someone posted the document listing the places and changes, but I can't find. It is true, but mostly political spin (old fashioned spin, not new fashioned complete untruth). It isn't 4 million NEW areas. A lot of it was minor changes to existing public land. Basically, you can now hunt snipe on a couple of million acres you couldn't last year.

I tried hunting snipe a couple times as a kid. I'm still convinced they don't exist.

Youch! @Big Fin .
Put the switch away! I submit! :) No more <HT censored political paety> veiled usage. I'll speak it as it is from here out.

giphy.gif

Seems to me that ultra wealthy in our ranks dont have the urgency to protect access/ public land the way others amongst do. They are coming at the issue after looking through different lenses.

Oh, so that's what he looks like. I've heard the name but never spent the effort for a Google search.

Sounds like an interesting topic, so kinda like Rogan but less weed?

Do you guys think the Passing of the GAOA will significantly help those that voted yes for this bill including trump signing it? Hunters generally lean right but we are often caught in the middle.

Will a Republican senator that voted no to this bill lose hunter votes this fall?

Will trump gain votes from hunters for him supporting and passing this bill?

I can tell you that in my case, Senator Toomey in PA will struggle to get any vote from me in the future. Not only did he vote NO on GAOA, but he has also been at the forefront of most recent gun control legislation. Not saying that I will vote D, but if there is a primary challenger they will most likely get my vote.

Sadly, Dems are so anti-hunting and anti-gun that R senators who voted against it will likely get a pass.

D-NM
1596841253610.jpeg

D-MT
9B538C02-3749-4835-9F3C-1612263D70A5.jpeg

Hick and Rinella infamously hunted one shot together, Hick has also won One shot twice.

Folks are folks. Some great dems some great Rebs, both parties have their fair share of crappy ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back