Caribou Gear Tarp

DT Jr. on Meateater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he considered to be lying simply because of his last name and party lines?
Both? Just seems that the narrative is that the current administration is raping and pillaging our natural resources, but that clearing wasn't what he was saying.

Both? Just seems that the narrative is that the current administration is raping and pillaging our natural resources, but that clearing wasn't what he was saying.

So you're making a thread with serious accusations simply because of who his dad is? I can remember a few things that have been done to benefit public lands and access, but maybe I'm remembering wrong because his last name is Trump.

So you're making a thread with serious accusations simply because of who his dad is? I can remember a few things that have been done to benefit public lands and access, but maybe I'm remembering wrong because his last name is Trump.

Of all the people being partisan hacks on this thread I don't think @neffa3 makes the cut.

Can we agree that Jr going on a podcast and saying that hunting and public lands are important and valuable is a net good thing regardless of politics or veracity specific claims?
Maybe

When the last 3 1/2 years has been spent on rolling back environmental regulations, and trying to sell off and transfer public lands, and only now, less than 100 days from the election when Daddy’s numbers look shitty, things change.......seems politically motivated.

I don’t know about his sincere or not stance on conservation, but I have people that I consider friends that are friends with and have hunted with and spent a lot of time with DTJ. He is as a ‘real’ hunter as you would expect anybody with his background to be.

I’ve seen his recent statement against Pebble Mine, which impressed me. I’ll be listening to this on my drive tomorrow.

Imagine a possible world...

Obama decided to sell off half of all public lands (cough, Pebble Mine). Before it was finalized, Malia tweeted ‘Dad, mebbe bad idea’. People then immediately started fawning over the Obama administration and family for considering stopping itself from selling off 1/2 our public lands and that they are very pro-environment and pro-access.

Is that...good?

Maybe

When the last 3 1/2 years has been spent on rolling back environmental regulations, and trying to sell off and transfer public lands, and only now, less than 100 days from the election when Daddy’s numbers look shitty, things change.......seems politically motivated.

Easy there CNN. When has trump tried to sell off and transfer public lands? It’s been an issue with R’s for sure but I don’t remember a time when Trump tried to sell public lands.

Also, Trump Jr has been on more than one podcast/news interview talking about hunting. It’s not like this is something new because of the election.

Also, who says the numbers for Daddy look bad? CNN? I’d hardly believe anything the MSM says. I’m not sure if you remember 2016 but according the CNN Hillary was leading those polls significantly as well.

Easy there CNN. When has trump tried to sell off and transfer public lands? It’s been an issue with R’s for sure but I don’t remember a time when Trump tried to sell public lands.

Also, Trump Jr has been on more than one podcast/news interview talking about hunting. It’s not like this is something new because of the election.

Also, who says the numbers for Daddy look bad? CNN? I’d hardly believe anything the MSM says. I’m not sure if you remember 2016 but according the CNN Hillary was leading those polls significantly as well.
Literally every reputable poll mate.

Can we agree that Jr going on a podcast and saying that hunting and public lands are important and valuable is a net good thing regardless of politics or veracity specific claims?

I agree that it is important, given he might be one of the lonely voices in the inner circle that could make that case if he feels it necessary. And for him and Nick Ayers to speak up on behalf of wild rivers, wild salmon runs, and the communities dependent upon such is even better. I struggle to understand the need to complicate it.

When someone does good, give them the damn credit and forget the "buts and what ifs." He deserves credit for promoting that issue.

When a person does something that is messed up, let them know that, ...... when it happens.

Imagine a possible world...

Obama decided to sell off half of all public lands (cough, Pebble Mine). Before it was finalized, Malia tweeted ‘Dad, mebbe bad idea’. People then immediately started fawning over the Obama administration and family for considering stopping itself from selling off 1/2 our public lands and that they are very pro-environment and pro-access.

Is that...good?

All I’m saying is I was happy to see him comment against Pebble Mine. As Big Fin said, credit where credit is due. Not sure what the imaginary Obama situation has to do with anything, I’m not a fan of Trump or Obama.

Well said, as usual, Bigfin!

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, it's the economy stupid....vs....our public land with clean air and water. Having a family member willing to stick their neck out for both will get an approval nod from me. Throw in advocating for responsible wildlife conservation and hunting and I'll display two thumbs up....no matter what side of the fence!

While I could easily insult you as well, I won’t.

I don’t have television, so you’re insult was off the mark anyway. Anyone who gets their information from CNN or Fox News is being spoon fed what they prefer.

If you read the first word, you would have seen “maybe”.

I also finished by saying the word “seems”

Yet you go first to insults.....

Obviously, speaking on the podcast is a good thing. I don't think it moved the needle one iota due to how entrenched politics are now, but that isn't exactly his fault. The guy has made more appearances on Fox News that pre-lubed catheters mailed directly to your door and has spent most of that time trolling the libs rather than talking about conservation, so I still find it hard to prop DT Jr. up as a conservationist and friend of hunters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back