dry ice

tom338

does anybody know of a place that sells dry ice in Casper Wyoming ??

Any grocery store should. Call ahead to double check. Looks like Smith's and Albertson's may be your best bet

They sale it at Safeway and Grasslands Market in Douglas if your traveling through on I-25.

I bought it at Walmart for $1.44 per pound a couple days ago. They usually keep a good supply.

Thanks guys exactly what I was looking for good info. Now I hope I can put the dry ice to good use!!!

I’m sure you know this already...Don’t store dry ice in the same space that you will be sleeping, it could kill you.

I’m sure you know this already...Don’t store dry ice in the same space that you will be sleeping, it could kill you.

I wonder about inside SUV driving home - hate to deal with the wind noise for 12 hours with open back windows, but would also hate to die on the drive home. Any dry ice and SUV experiences?

I wonder about inside SUV driving home - hate to deal with the wind noise for 12 hours with open back windows, but would also hate to die on the drive home. Any dry ice and SUV experiences?

I do it every year (not die on the drive home, but use dry ice ;) ). I used to have a GMC Yukon XL, but now I have a Nissan Armada (similar vehicles size-wise). Make sure you use the "fresh air" or "outside air" setting on your a/c system, or use the "vent" if not using a/c. Don't use the "recirculate", it doesn't allow fresh air in. Also, get some duct tape, and tape the seams on the ice chests. That will slow down the evaporation, and thus the off-gassing. If you start to feel dizzy or light-headed, open a window and pull over and open the hatch back for a few seconds to vent it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back