Caribou Gear

Drought for the west

Speaking of monsoons...

Looks like even WA is getting in on the moisture from the gulf of cali. Lots of rain and thunderstorms coming.
They keep pushing the rain out and lower here in Boise. The interesting part in that post is the first wet system is 3-4 weeks early. I was wondering if the high temps in June/July would lead to an early fall. Fingers crossed.

We're 4 inches over our our yearly average out here in the southwest. Looks to be a great season.

In sw colorado it's rained a lot in the mountains for the last 3 weeks. Green as can be. Was glassing a herd this afternoon at 11k. Just grazing the avy chutes.

Southern Utah has been getting pounded too. Forecast is for clear skies for all of next week. Leaving to scout two units tomorrow.

Inciweb mapping is not updated yet, but just watched the forest service update video and the Tumbledown fire in the Stateline complex spread 4-5 miles Saturday night doubling in size. I don't think there was much rain out in that area. Even with some cooler weather later this week, its not looking good.

another good mapping site I’ve been looking at. You can get a guess at permitters that are lagging by looking at the fire detections around what is mapped

we just a nice tease of rain at my house Saturday/Sunday. Really disappointing considering what some other places got

Western/Southwest MT should get a bit of rain this afternoon, though it won't be as widespread as thought a couple days ago. There could be some good gullywashers here and there on the local scale. Back in the 90s tomorrow. Some cooler weather later this week, but it's only the first week of August and we have a ways to go. We need more than what's coming by a long shotrain.JPG.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back