Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Drought for the west

He is interesting as hell. His late spring and early summer predictions were spot on.
The Seattle Times really wants to paint him as a Climate Change denier, but he had a post earlier this summer that was ripping a ST article about heatwaves being linked to CC and pointed out that if you to link the two you'd used average temp data which clearly showed an increase due to CC vs the articles max temp data which clearly did not.

I feel like Joanna Allhands nails some points on the Colorado River. The burden is seated far more on the lower basin, California needs to get in some cuts, and Reclamation needs to make a credible threat instead of their usual nothing

I feel like Joanna Allhands nails some points on the Colorado River. The burden is seated far more on the lower basin, California needs to get in some cuts, and Reclamation needs to make a credible threat instead of their usual nothing

How many acre feet of water are wasted every year just to water some grass? That’s the easiest cut to make by a mile. People should really get onboard with drought resistant landscapes or astroturf.

Last edited:
“Lake Mead will end water year 2022 next Friday with a surface elevation ~1,044 feet above sea level, down 1.8 million acre feet from a year ago.

“Lake Powell will end the year at somewhere around elevation ~3,529, down 1.5 million acre feet from a year ago.

“Flaming Gorge Reservoir, which must now be in the end-of-water-year mix because of the way Reclamation and the states have begun moving water around like pawns on the Upper Basin chess board, will end the year at elevation 6,013, down 300,000 acre feet from last year.”

“Lake Mead will end water year 2022 next Friday with a surface elevation ~1,044 feet above sea level, down 1.8 million acre feet from a year ago.

“Lake Powell will end the year at somewhere around elevation ~3,529, down 1.5 million acre feet from a year ago.

“Flaming Gorge Reservoir, which must now be in the end-of-water-year mix because of the way Reclamation and the states have begun moving water around like pawns on the Upper Basin chess board, will end the year at elevation 6,013, down 300,000 acre feet from last year.”

I would simply do the thing that pertained the most to my particular niche, and then we'd all be saved

NOAA forecast is for dry cold winter in NM. Triple dip La Nina coming.

4 inches of rain and an inch of snow in Oct. added to 14+ inches June-Sept make for more than a normal year for me. Record for this area I hear.
We need some snowpack!!!

NOAA forecast is for dry cold winter in NM. Triple dip La Nina coming.

4 inches of rain and an inch of snow in Oct. added to 14+ inches June-Sept make for more than a normal year for me. Record for this area I hear.
We need some snowpack!!!
Interesting prediction, since we were not supposed to see this precip through monsoon, either. I have my fingers crossed for snowpack, and have hung my weather forecasting rock outside. It's data are far more accurate than any of the weatherpersons predictions.

I have not even scouted my elk unit yet - it has changed so much due to the rains from what I have experienced, the elk will be much more scattered since there is food and water everywhere. And at this time of year, I could be on snowshoes, or shirtsleeves. But that is a problem I don't mind - so nice to have green and not dust up where I hunt.

I can't totally understand the color chart but NW is getting snow all weekend and I'm guessing the Sierras are going to get one of those atmospheric rivers. I'll keep my eye on the higher elevations.

Based on my expertise it's obvious I just need to look hot and someone would hire me to report the weather.
chita-johnson-photo-u5_w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces.jpg

I can't totally understand the color chart but NW is getting snow all weekend and I'm guessing the Sierras are going to get one of those atmospheric rivers. I'll keep my eye on the higher elevations.

Based on my expertise it's obvious I just need to look hot and someone would hire me to report the weather.
View attachment 254389

This pitcher is just another example of whats wrong with Merka. Nueva Orleans? El Paso? In Merka we talk in Merkan!

Say it loud and proud:

NEW Orleans.
THE Paso.

Drill Baby Drill is the cause.

Effect of fossil fuels and the refusal to reduce use at all - Planet will likely be uninhabitable in 100 years.
Not sure why I'm quoting you, don't take any offense to it, there's none meant. But there does seem to be a fair amount of reporting that simply isn't correct around climate change, with the trend being to overdramatize the effects and projections. I thought this was an interesting rebuttal to a claim about a reported "real world" implication to climate change here on the WA coast.

Now we just have to hope the mountains hold that snow through the spring/summer like they used to.

That’s been an issue here in Oregon. We get “typical” amounts of snow in the cascades, but it just doesn’t stick around as long as it used to due to the hotter springs and summers we’re getting.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back