Caribou Gear

Drought for the west

I could bale the weeds that have come up in my xeriscaped front yard. Time to start bending the back...
I might have to pull out the weedeater for the 1st time in years.
The russian thistle is bad in places too. Luckily they don't get very big out here.

We've been in northern NV, southern ID and now southern OR since early June and we haven't seen a single drop of rain yet. And the temps have been at near record highs everywhere we've been as well. Medford OR is predicted to have a high of 112° today. Holy crap!!

We've been in northern NV, southern ID and now southern OR since early June and we haven't seen a single drop of rain yet. And the temps have been at near record highs everywhere we've been as well. Medford OR is predicted to have a high of 112° today. Holy crap!!
Well, you need to leave and let those poor folks get some rain! ;)

Well, you need to leave and let those poor folks get some rain! ;)

It doesn't rain here. That would ruin our world renowned fires.

@Gr8bawana I set up for our archery shoot at 6 a.m this morning. We'll be shooting through that 112* tomorrow if you want to swing by.

It doesn't rain here. That would ruin our world renowned fires.

@Gr8bawana I set up for our archery shoot at 6 a.m this morning. We'll be shooting through that 112* tomorrow if you want to swing by.
Thanks for the offer. We're over in Lakeview right now and unfortunately I didn't throw my bow in the rv.
On the plus side I see a few clouds over the mountains. (y)

I might have to pull out the weedeater for the 1st time in years.
The russian thistle is bad in places too. Luckily they don't get very big out here.
I got some done last week, but with this week's weather the new crop has come in. Might wait till November (like my wife will permit that!).

Big one blew up back home last night. My dad drove by it around 4 p.m. when it was around 200 acres. By 10 p.m. they were saying 400 acres. He called me at 2 a.m. and said he was leaving the house. Fire had pushed nearly 6 miles at that point.

The KNF morning update said 18k acres over night. Their facebook page just posted that the current estimate is between 30k and 40k acres, and that's all within 24 hours. Numerous friends lost homes in the community of Klamath River. Still not clear a picture of the damage.

When the wind settled in the morning the fire activity near my parents place died down. Dad is back at the house for now. He has a few heirlooms and all the critters packed up and ready to go. We'll see what the afternoon wind shift brings.

Big one blew up back home last night. My dad drove by it around 4 p.m. when it was around 200 acres. By 10 p.m. they were saying 400 acres. He called me at 2 a.m. and said he was leaving the house. Fire had pushed nearly 6 miles at that point.

The KNF morning update said 18k acres over night. Their facebook page just posted that the current estimate is between 30k and 40k acres, and that's all within 24 hours. Numerous friends lost homes in the community of Klamath River. Still not clear a picture of the damage.

When the wind settled in the morning the fire activity near my parents place died down. Dad is back at the house for now. He has a few heirlooms and all the critters packed up and ready to go. We'll see what the afternoon wind shift brings.

51k acres this morning.

NM is now in a less than severe or extreme drought situation, for now.
Best rains I have gotten in 13 years and old timers say the county has never been greener.
I got another .85" yesterday. The grass & wildflowers just keep growing.
This is great news for my buddy and his tag

We've had a nice slow rain all morning so far. My hay will be black pry but definitely not complaining about this rain. We needed it.

My parents place is in an ok position right now. Fire is backing down the drainage and there are a lot of resources working that line. Fire perimeter is about 2 miles from them and there hasn't been much activity on the west edge this week.

So far 185 structures damaged. I think that's about 100 residences. 4 fatalities.

This is a home on Highway 96. In 2008 it belonged to my friends stepdad. We moved into it straight out of high school and lived the crazy summer life finishing the home. In June 08 it was nothing but wall frames, and by the start of fall term of our freshman year it was a finished house.

redhouse.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back