Caribou Gear Tarp

Drought for the west

Still skipping right over us so far. Precip in our forecast went away, now looks like it’s going to be 70 on Monday?!?!

We should be looking at our first stint of -20s and snow by now.
Yep this is correct where we are too. Nothing but wind and dirt. Surprisingly the deer I have seen taken are in really good shape.

There may not be much for snow, but western WA is setting all time records for most precip this fall. Almost 20" in 3 month.
AVvXsEjY8cOrD4Foq1MrG_4XD9CqzApIbIdoidr00WvoekMHRsjY43p8sPMlvHz5SxRvGHzKKag9ohHPkacmYJiey-jUrQMYH2FSFU9zBVfjqa9c7yXySR0QvJt1XeaR2JmOHu2d1mbbEvPhozaD5AM0TzQXn0Al_MOJn5S5DYTP4Uo0peQ11AkzR1YPS3Eq=s2742

Our mountains wring it out pretty good.
View attachment 203635

but if we get many more pineapple expresses I think they can rename WA, Hawaii North. It was 67 and muggy yesterday.
Classic La Nina temp map. The hot ocean temps in the lower left of this map drive moisture, storms, the whole jet stream north. The jet typically doesn't bend south until encountering arctic air over Great Lakes. Dry for the southwest, wet for the northwest, stormy from Great Lakes across the east coast until the jet stream gets a big shove.

50-60's daytime,20's @night. Sunny & calm for next 2 weeks. Got a freak.30" 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night,was almost dry by daylight. Been since Labor day for real rain.
Going to be in the bottom 5 driest recorded this year,so far.

Classic La Nina temp map. The hot ocean temps in the lower left of this map drive moisture, storms, the whole jet stream north. The jet typically doesn't bend south until encountering arctic air over Great Lakes. Dry for the southwest, wet for the northwest, stormy from Great Lakes across the east coast until the jet stream gets a big shove.
So....This keeps up we will get a winter monsoon maybe in NM? LOL Pull all the moisture out of old Mexico.

We had our second wettest October in history in Indiana this year. Wish half of it would have fallen in the west where it’s needed!

Denton had to be evacuated. December fires, who’d have thought.

Denton had to be evacuated. December fires, who’d have thought.

HOLY cow man, I was just there last week!

yay meteorological fall is over so we can officially close the books on depressing denver records:
  • It was officially the first snowless fall in Denver history. There was some snow reported, but there wasn’t enough to get a measurement of at least a tenth of an inch.
  • It was the third-driest fall on record with less than a half-inch of rain.
  • It was the second-warmest fall, with an average temperature of 56.3 degrees.
  • It was also the driest summer and fall combined from June 1 through Nov. 30, with less than 2 inches of rain in that span.
  • It was also the warmest summer and fall combined, with an average temperature of 65.6 degrees.

Lake Powell is currently 46 feet lower than it was on Dec. 1 2020, and 26 feet lower than it's ever been on this date going back to when the reservoir was first filled in the 1960s.

View attachment 203885
Seeing blue mesa up close seemed surreal. I've never seen the lake so far from that bridge to lake city.

Reactions: Oak
As i sit here having my coffee this morning looking out my windows, it actually looks like winter for first time this year! Hopefully this forecasted cold spell and this snow will help some with conditions.

As i sit here having my coffee this morning looking out my windows, it actually looks like winter for first time this year! Hopefully this forecasted cold spell and this snow will help some with conditions.
It's like a huge echo widely reverberating all over the west from a cacophony of farmers and ranchers hollering, "YEE HAW!!!"

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back