Yeti GOBOX Collection

Drews cat

cur dog

With the seasons pretty much over, I figured I'd post a picture of my favorite trophy of the year.

My son who is five announced this past fall that he wanted a bobcat. He's been tagging along with me the last couple of years while I've tended a handfull of canine sets on the family farm. Last year we took a very large tom cat that is now mounted in our play room/office. I think the thrill of catching that cat really got him fired up about getting his own this year.

Over the christmas break, we put out several sets. He insisted on picking the locations, bait and lure. I even let him do the trap bedding and blending. Some of the locations and choices he made, left me shaking my head, and doubting our chances. For anyone that knows him they know that he's an authority on everything, and its sometimes best to let him do things his way. On our fifth morning check we had this cat. It was about an 18lb male. Not a huge cat, but huge in other ways. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Christmas2011DrewsBobcat 093.jpg
    Christmas2011DrewsBobcat 093.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 372
Way cool! I'm hoping my son and I both get our first catches (of anything) this coming fall. Good times.

Thats awesome.Took my 12 yr old out this year to do his own sets.Guess I should be taking my 5 yr oldtoo

For anyone that knows him they know that he's an authority on everything, and its sometimes best to let him do things his way.

I'm sure he gets that above statement from his Mother - Right? Perfect stocking hat on that young outdoorsman I might add.

GREAT JOB DAD !!!!!!!

Careful there.My Dad did that with me and look how I turned out. Hunt hunt hunt fish fish hunt hunt..... awesome picture.
M2h

Back