Caribou Gear

Drew NM 36 archery

It’s NM, you may never draw that tag again, why not get all the help you can?
I drew NM for the 1st time and there’s 30 tags for my hunt, not likely we’ll all end up in the same canyon.
There are only 30 tags for a reason. You might be surprised how much pressure the only pocket of elk gets, especially if it gets to the internet,

Gathering intel from other experienced hunters is a big part of a game plan. A lot of people don’t come from generations of hunters or are just getting started in it on their own. It’s not always a bad thing to give some information to what could be an eager learner. Information on a unit is a tiny sliver of a hunt, the animals don’t stand still and hunters still have to aim straight. Hope we can all realize this is a hunting forum where one of the purposes is for hunters to get together with other hunters and share information and knowledge.
And as a hunting forum, we know that being coy with specific information is also part of the game. Premature for a quixotic lecture, this happens a hundred times a year. The draw happened day before yesterday. Nobody was being abusive. So relax, he has plenty of time to get information from someone and probably will.

Gathering intel from other experienced hunters is a big part of a game plan. A lot of people don’t come from generations of hunters or are just getting started in it on their own. It’s not always a bad thing to give some information to what could be an eager learner. Information on a unit is a tiny sliver of a hunt, the animals don’t stand still and hunters still have to aim straight. Hope we can all realize this is a hunting forum where one of the purposes is for hunters to get together with other hunters and share information and knowledge.
The real truth is that 90% of the people who run to the 10 forums and post the day after the draw is not willing to put in any effort before posting these hand out post beforehand. They will take what they can get without one once of work never to heard from again until they draw the next one. Personally I get tired of seeing them myself.
What happened to putting boots on the ground and working for something. Heck at least research things for a month then ask for help and clarification. People like this only want a handout. I'd 110% help someone who has hung around a minute and have many times here.

Every single unit in NM has elk. Even the "bad ones". Scout as much as you can. I also drew NM elk this year in a unit I have hunted before. I saw a bunch of bulls last time I was there and had good success. I still plan on getting there 5-6 days early to scout. E-scout then put boots on the ground for the best success. That's my experience/advice anyway.

Back