Caribou Gear Tarp

Drew NM 36 archery

It's currently on fire, so keep an eye on that. I haven't hunted 36 for elk so I have nothing to offer.

It honestly baffles me how many people start threads with specific unit numbers. Not only that, but how many people draw a tag and just ask for info. I don't know about everyone else, but trying to make a game plan and figure out where the elk are is half the fun. Otherwise, why would you DIY hunt to begin with?

I drew Campsite 14 Granite for Labor Day weekend at the renowned Frank Wills Wilderness. Am stoked!! RVin' Fool had this campsite as a top space. I was curious if anyone had parked an RV in that space? Did you try to park early or later in the day? I have parked Studebaker's in Croatia and Cuba so hit me up if I can help you there!

It honestly baffles me how many people start threads with specific unit numbers. Not only that, but how many people draw a tag and just ask for info. I don't know about everyone else, but trying to make a game plan and figure out where the elk are is half the fun. Otherwise, why would you DIY hunt to
It’s NM, you may never draw that tag again, why not get all the help you can?
I drew NM for the 1st time and there’s 30 tags for my hunt, not likely we’ll all end up in the same canyon.

Unit 36 is one of the best units in NM, some of the highest concentration of elk are located there. I’ve hunted it a few times and can tell you with certainty you don’t need any info on it, make some time and get your feet on the ground there. You will have no trouble finding elk. Good luck and congrats on drawing that tag.

How not to discuss 36 on the internet....

Unit 36 is one of the best units in NM, some of the highest concentration of elk are located there. I’ve hunted it a few times and can tell you with certainty you don’t need any info on it, make some time and get your feet on the ground there. You will have no trouble finding elk. Good luck and congrats on drawing that tag.
You forgot to mention all the rattlesnakes and hillbilly sodomites.

It honestly baffles me how many people start threads with specific unit numbers. Not only that, but how many people draw a tag and just ask for info. I don't know about everyone else, but trying to make a game plan and figure out where the elk are is half the fun. Otherwise, why would you DIY hunt to begin with?
Gathering intel from other experienced hunters is a big part of a game plan. A lot of people don’t come from generations of hunters or are just getting started in it on their own. It’s not always a bad thing to give some information to what could be an eager learner. Information on a unit is a tiny sliver of a hunt, the animals don’t stand still and hunters still have to aim straight. Hope we can all realize this is a hunting forum where one of the purposes is for hunters to get together with other hunters and share information and knowledge.

Back