Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Dreams of being a hand model squashed. (Graphic)

Years ago a guy hit my forefinger with a 10 lb sledge. Mangled the finger. It felt dead for 20 years. Finally have feeling in it.

Ouch. It’s been almost 3 months since my hammer found the wrong nail. Nail is 90% grown back. I made the mistake of not releasing the blood pressure under the nail so I lost the whole thing.

5EAF178E-FDF8-4150-BF1F-EDF15CC75D92.jpeg
About a week and a half after
EB476D49-1E80-4632-99FD-E3B511231AC3.jpeg
Two weeks after

Getting back to the point where I think I’m back to normal until I try to use it for certain things and then get the quick reminder they are still jacked up. Dug all the dried blood out from under the ring finger and that relieves a ton of pressure that was forcing the nail up. Tip of that finger still very sensitive to the touch, probably a minor brake or hairline in the tip.

Pinky feels pretty good but that nail is looking worse every day, just waiting for that puppy to fall off. I think that the only nail I will lose though.

My daughter had three finger tips crushed in a door jamb when her little brother slammed the door on her. Lost two fingernails. She was real self conscious about missing a couple nails but her classmates thought it was cool.

You’re gonna be so frickin cool when that pinky nail falls off.

My daughter had three finger tips crushed in a door jamb when her little brother slammed the door on her. Lost two fingernails. She was real self conscious about missing a couple nails but her classmates thought it was cool.

You’re gonna be so frickin cool when that pinky nail falls off.
That’s the goal! Always wanted to be cool!

Glad you're alright man! Having done arborist work for a few years my takeaways are: 1) that job looked very unpleasant, 2) with all those powerlines and stuff on the ground to avoid, your hand slipping into a face cut would not have been the injury I would've guessed, but that's the challenge of tree work. So many variables to pay attention to while often being extremely uncomfortable and/or unbalanced. 3) really happy for you that it is turning out alright....that could've been so much worse! Serious props for finishing that job.

Lancelot wheels should be illegal. mtmuley

Agree. I knew a guy who was using one up under a sink cabinet, laying on his back and working above his head. It caught and jerked out of his hand, as they always do, then fell toward his face. He was 'lucky' enough to deflect it with with his other hand before it ruined his good looks. That hand took some real heavy damage...

Mashed numerous fingers and have used the hot needle/drill technique to relieve pressure, still usually lost the nail. What works when the blood dries under the nail and won't bleed out any longer is to soak it in warm water with epsom salts. After a bit a little worm of dried/pressurized blood starts to come out of the whole, kind of cool looking and it does relieve pressure.

@Dsnow9, looks like they are healing up good.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back