Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dreams of being a hand model squashed. (Graphic)

View attachment 281420View attachment 281421
Saturday evening

View attachment 281422View attachment 281423

Sunday evening after taking a knife to the nails and cleaning them up to see what was really going on now that the bleeding had stopped.

What I thought was a break in the pinky nail was actually the cuticle. The whole pinky nail got ripped out past the cuticle (white area). There is actually a small gap between my cuticle and the nail now.

Time will tell but I feel very fortunate and lucky with how the whole situation turned out so far. Was really expecting not to have finger tips when I cut the glove off.
Once while in a hurry coping a log railing end to fit a column, the whirring Lancelot tool hit a knot and jumped. As it flew up I feared losing an eye or worse, so as I tossed it away and it skimmed the top end of my left index finger, removing the fingernail and more down to the bone. It healed okay but no fingernail and an ugly scar on top of that finger ... which I now wave at grandkids as I exclaim, "Be careful with power tools!"

Time will tell but I feel very fortunate and lucky with how the whole situation turned out so far. Was really expecting not to have finger tips when I cut the glove off.
Straight up man I’ve seen smaller shit cut fingertips off! You’re very lucky and as much as it pains me to see these pics im so so glad you’re okay brother. Restart the timer: 0 days accident free workplace lol be safe dude kick todays ass

Last edited:
frick man, yeah i came in here thinking you're gonna have to learn to use a new trigger finger or become a lefty orsomething.

glad it wasn't as gory as i feared.

Glad you dodged that bullet man.

Also, from the guy that's seen one too many de-gloving accidents - well done on the silicon ring.
Yep, not worth the risk. Now I actually wear it every day. Not even sure I could find the metal one. The silicone are so comfortable that the safety almost seems like a secondary benefit.

@Dsnow9, look on the bright side — based on the look of the remaining good fingers, you didn’t have model-worthy hands anyway. 😀

I am glad the injury was not any worse than it was.
A guy can dream!
@Dsnow9, look on the bright side — based on the look of the remaining good fingers, you didn’t have model-worthy hands anyway. 😀

I am glad the injury was not any worse than it was.
Come on, a guy can dream! 😉
FEE1B1C5-7C0E-40E2-BFA5-3085EA255099.png

Damn homie, props to you for being able to remain focused and climb down and everything.
When I was in high school the wind caught the back door and slammed 2 of my fingers in it.
I promptly passed out in the kitchen floor.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Glad you dodged that bullet man.

Also, from the guy that's seen one too many de-gloving accidents - well done on the silicon ring.
saw a buddy almost lose his finger after taking a slap shot to the hand and it swelled up on him behind the metal ring... vowed right then and there to never wear a metal ring if I ever got married.

What’s fun is when you have to burn thru your nail to relieve the pressure. I’ve had to do that several time in the Army and it’s good to see the immediate relief from the joes.
I use drill bits or heated sewing needles, and the instant relief is something I wish I'd known about as a kid

Like Grandad always told me, "It'll feel better once it quits hurting."
My grandpa used to say “go soak ‘em in cyder” whenever we’d injure fingers. We’d look in the fridge and respond back “you don’t have any” and he’d just laugh. 20 yrs later, and long after his death, I finally got the joke 🤦‍♂️.

Last edited:
Once while in a hurry coping a log railing end to fit a column, the whirring Lancelot tool hit a knot and jumped. As it flew up I feared losing an eye or worse, so as I tossed it away and it skimmed the top end of my left index finger, removing the fingernail and more down to the bone. It healed okay but no fingernail and an ugly scar on top of that finger ... which I now wave at grandkids as I exclaim, "Be careful with power tools!"
well, we need a photo of that scar.

I use drill bits or heated sewing needles, and the instant relief is something I wish I'd known about as a kid
I’d heard about the drill bit but learned the hard way in my young and dumb years to not actually use them with the drill. Hurt like a real MF’er when it caught through on the other side. Real genius award here for that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back