PEAX Equipment

Drank the Koolaid...

MTClacka

Just picked up my new toy, after reading too much of this forum. I've always wanted a model 70, and have been looking for a reason to try a 7-08 for a long time now. I convinced my wife that it's the perfect caliber for our son when he's old enough to hunt... in 10 1/2 years... Guess I'll have to break it in for him. Here's to hoping it shoots!

Attachments

• Mod70.jpg
    Mod70.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 908
Ha ha! Man that's the rifle I want to get as well, and the very same reason I told my wife lol! Beautiful gun. Nice to see a real picture of it. What kind of scope you go with?

Nice score. And it has pretty walnut attached to it, even better. Here's to many happy season and memories with that rifle.

Jeremy

Just picked up my new toy, after reading too much of this forum. I've always wanted a model 70, and have been looking for a reason to try a 7-08 for a long time now. I convinced my wife that it's the perfect caliber for our son when he's old enough to hunt... in 10 1/2 years... Guess I'll have to break it in for him. Here's to hoping it shoots!

Is that a Super Grade? It's a beauty.

Very nice! I love a 70 super grade. Friend of mine has an older one in 300winmag. How are the new portugese made/ south carolina made rifles? I've thought they were over priced since the 2006 closure of the New Haven factory.

Thanks everyone. It is a Super Grade, and I topped it with a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 CDS. Really looking forward to putting some rounds through it. I think I'm going to try some of the new Hornady ELDX rounds.

That is a gorgeous rifle. IMHO, the model 70 fwt is the standard by which all rifles should be judged. Nice way to pay homage to the 7mm HT cartridge.

How are the new portugese made/ south carolina made rifles

Fit and finish is excellent, as well as the bluing. I'll definitely plan to post a follow up once I get a chance to shoot it. So far everything I've read about the portuguese made guns has been solid.

You didn't drink no kool-aid on that one. Now, if you'd have spent several thousand on a custom in the same caliber for basically the same purpose, then you'd have been pulling on the kool-aid jug a bit!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back