Drahthaar team rounding out nicely

They are smarter than most people I know, but that isn't saying much. If you want a dog that handles like a lab, duck hunts and retrieves like a lab and points quail and chukar all day long and brings em back....this is the go to dog!

That has to be one of the coolest breed of dogs ever. We were merely inches away from pulling the trigger on a drahthaar last summer. Ended up going with a weimaraner which I have to say I gave taken quite a liking to but, those bearded pooches are something special. Thanks for sharing

If you properly expose them to crowds and other dogs, they do quite well. Had him up in Breckenridge today. He got lots of attention from strangers and just tends to ignore other dogs. I wanted a breed that could hunt hard but also relax around people and other dogs. So far very pleased. Now to get junior coming along on the same path.

Here's the new boy at home. He only weighs 11 pounds right now, so has some filling out to do. All head and feet. Had a good day today with him and wore him out. He's sleeping away. 8.5 months till sharptail season, got work to do!
dNrLsV.jpg
[/URL]

Wow pretty cool picks, had a black lab that was assume with quail years ago, new to north Idaho spirt lake hoping to hook up with people that will show me some bird areas, and hunt with, retired now and gonna enjoy what I can

Almost went that way but for heat management in Southern California I went GSP but wouldn’t hesitate to go DD if climate allowed. Any feedback on how they hunt in warm areas and range?

Almost went that way but for heat management in Southern California I went GSP but wouldn’t hesitate to go DD if climate allowed. Any feedback on how they hunt in warm areas and range?
You can look at a short tight coated DD or even a slick if you don’t mind a DD without a beard. Plenty of guys throughout California run DD’s with out issues.

Back