Yeti GOBOX Collection

Don’t let your wife watch HGTV

My wife doesn't fight my hunting - in fact she encourages it. I watch Love it or List it with her. Of course, I increasingly pay for projects that I don't like to do. Not enough time.

Hey you deserve a little after your turkey season. I went to the farm today to break a new rifle and the old gobbler was still up there gobbling his head off laughing at me. That's okay though next year he's nuggets.

I couldn't tell you how many times I have heard "we need to knock all these walls out". Looks like you are one less wall into that conversation, nice work.

If you're looking for more to do, you should scrape that popcorn crap off the ceiling in the next room while you're at it. I loathe that stuff, and I have what looks to be about an acre of it to get rid of at my house...

I don't like the popcorn texture, but the only thing I dislike more is scraping it off and re-texturing a ceiling! My wife had that idea on our first house. It turned out great, but not a fun project.

My wife doesn't fight my hunting - in fact she encourages it. I watch Love it or List it with her. Of course, I increasingly pay for projects that I don't like to do. Not enough time.
There is a part of me that looks forward to the day when my primary tool is a pen, for writing checks to pay someone else to do the jobs I just don't want to do. For now, I keep doing them. But someday...

There is a part of me that looks forward to the day when my primary tool is a pen, for writing checks to pay someone else to do the jobs I just don't want to do. For now, I keep doing them. But someday...

I'm not full on yet but increasingly take Randy's advice of paying for things I hate when I can. My wife and I both work too many hours and trying to buy time. I don't mind yard work but see the day that I pay someone. I grew up cutting five acres of grass so my subdivision lot isn't bad but it's still a weekly chore and AZ is too blazing hot to cut after work in July so it pushes to the weekend.

Back