Don't give in

I would fully agree with Steve on this. This is just going to far for some thing that isn't important enough to gut our Sportsmens funds!!!!
biggrin.gif

It sound's like the guy's doing the research would be the one's making the killing.
I can understand they want and need to do research,but I dont think that ammount of money should come from sportsmem to get rid of something they didnt like in the first place.

Oh, man what a bad idea! You guys better get on the horn and make sure that doesn't pass!

Oak

Prof do not get rich off of research grants. If you know otherwise I'd LOVE to learn how. It is true that some of their salary comes from grants but not much. The college general fund usually gets 10% or more of the grant. The paper trails from gov. grants are long, so extorting the money is hardly and option. Don't know of too many professions that get paid less than 100K/year (for most), work as many hours, and went to school for at least 20yrs of their life.

I was not complaining, I just wanted to clear up the perception that was posted that professors get rich off of research grants. I haven't heard nary a one complain about their job. Just wanted to point out that most professors are motivated by something other than money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back