Dogs

Have you ever tried to get one, or two, off the couch? It ain't happening unless you bribe them. Cooper is on the left , Sam is on the right. Their right at 125-130 each.View attachment 228227
My dad called one day many years ago. He had seen a ridgeback listed in my county's shelter list. He must have called, this was late 1980's. He asked me to go look at him. I got there before they closed and walked out with Red.
The mellowest dog ever. I almost did not take that drive that weekend but did.
Red was with my folks til their deaths and then my sister had him til he passed. He laid with my mom all day and with my nieces in their cribs. He was always ready to go get his leash for a walk with dad.
He was with my family 16 years and who knows how old he was when I saw him in the slammer. Not a puppy for sure. A big softy.

Last edited:
View attachment 228229View attachment 228230View attachment 228231
Rio Rojo, the rescue dog. He rescued me.
Seeing him in that cell was not right.View attachment 228232
He belongs here, out on the range.
Rio always looks like he’s having the time of his life in your pics. Glad he found you 😉
Have you ever tried to get one, or two, off the couch? It ain't happening unless you bribe them. Cooper is on the left , Sam is on the right. Their right at 125-130 each.View attachment 228227
Doesn’t appear they’re buying’ what you’re sellin’ 😁

My dad called one day many years ago. He had seen a ridgeback listed in my county's shelter list. He must have called, this was late 1980's. He asked me to go look at him. I got there before they closed and walked out with Red.
The mellowest dog ever. I almost did not take that drive that weekend but did.
Red was with my folks til their deaths and then my sister had him til he passed. He laid with my mom all day and with my nieces in their cribs. He was always ready to go get his leash for a walk with dad.
He was with my family 16 years and who knows how old he was when I saw him in the slammer. Not a puppy for sure. A big softy.
My nephew was about ten when my sister lived in the South African bushveldt. They sent the Ridgebacks out with him whenever he went down to the pond. Those dogs would take on anything to protect their kid. Sadly, the dogs went to their host when it was time to home back to the States.

I’ve always been a lab guy as well. I don’t hunt with them but they have always just made such great family dogs and companions. The black and the silver are mine and yellow is my sons puppy. I think he’s 10 or 11 months old. I go pick him up,every chance I get and bring him to my house to run around with my labs. He’s going to be great family dog for my son and daughter-in-law and their soon have first baby.

BF3878EF-E1AE-4F81-8D3A-6821E72637E0.jpeg

Have had way to many different breeds of dogs. And it's always been their personality that endears you to them. Have had hounds, Blue heelers and Kemmer stock mountain curs and now a black mouth cur. Have no loyalty to any breed it seems like. Always been around dogs and will always have one of some kind. Gus is our present dog and his one really true love is grouse hunting. It was the first thing he learned to use his nose on. But he will hunt anything and swim anywhere and anytime of the year. Now we've gotten back into fishing he's become a royal PIA when trying to reel in a hooked fish. But he's fun and up to do anything. Just too bad he's turned 9 this year and he's showing his age. He'll hunt anything you want to hunt.

Well, it's the Nation's birthday today, but it is also Gaylan's Give Me Liberty's birthday.
Born with the Firecracker Litter in New York in 2009, he is better known as Gus.

Happy Birthday, Gus!

We will be back after them in a couple more months.20220129_123944.jpg20211128 Gus on a Stump B.jpg

Back