Doggie Style....

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Training that is. Get your minds out of the gutter.

We have a little respite from the summer heat, so Henry got some work today.

Take your marks

hunt talk 1.jpg

Get set

hunt talk 2.jpg

GO!

hunt talk 3.jpg

Down the homestretch

hunt talk 4.jpg

And ready for round 2

hunt talk 5.jpg

Run Forest run

hunt talk 7.jpg

We like chukars too

hunt talk 6.jpg

Next session is going to be a dead duck in the cattails. Hopefully I can get access to a live one here soon and do a clipped wing search/retrieve.

Nice!!! Henry is a good looking dog!
-
My son is working out our lab pup right now!
Pictures not included : won't hi jack.

Awesome! Got two dog training books for my b-day. Looking forward to trying my hand at training a dog to do something other than not jump on the couch.

Is he a drahthaar? So handsome!

I'm working on herding sheep with this 6-month-old dude. Fun to see working dogs in their actual element!

Attachments

• butchtruck.jpg
    butchtruck.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 842
He's a German Wirehair Pointer. A friend of mine, who is also a NAVDHA judge said that there is very little difference at all between the two breeds. The black color apparently comes from a strong German lineage vs. American lineage.

Border collies are such smart dogs, make sure you give him plenty to do!

Chance july.jpgNice Looking GWP, getting closer here in Montana too...here's my Large Munsterlander out earlier today at Ft. Peck, I also have a GWP, both great friends, and they can hunt too.

Pup just getting started...

H2TbSJ9x393zU9SY_55HBPdA8CTCExfBrQn9Aj0dl80=w858-h643-no

Great looking dogs.

Owhyee, I got Henry at about the same age (a few weeks younger) than your pup. Have fun this fall, I still remember the first bird I shot off point with him. What a blast!

Gus chillin on the couch waiting for the Aug heat to end so he can get back to work.

Saw 2 coveys of Chukar heading to scout for elk this weekend in Central Idaho. Coveys of 50 and probably 60+. Maybe we will have some birds this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 535
Henry likes to mountain bike too.

Attachments

• gravellies 005.jpg
    gravellies 005.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 563
Back