Doesn't anybody ever hit this forum?

Bullhound

Just seems kinda strange. I thought there were quite a few bowhunters that frequented this site and haven't seen any posts here in a long time. Whaaaaazzzzuuuuuppppp!?!?

I'll talk to ya BULLHOUND
.. KIND of funny... BUT most people, If like me.... Don't pick the bow up in the "OFF" season.

I talk bow during Bow season.. then move on... BUT ask a question, I don't know much but can MAke something... up

Hell, I should of figured I could count on you Moosie! I don't really have an offseason. I shoot all the time. I just have to find differrent things to sling sticks at this time of year.

I still do. But no one was talking back either so I just watch and post when I see someone is starting something..... :D :D

We just had our first 3D shoot of the year here in Lewiston. The annual Super Bowl Shoot. I took my new bow and shot it the first half of the shoot. Went to the truck and grabbed the old bow for the second half and pinwheeled just about everything after that. I figure I'll be stickin with the old bow for a while. Anybody else doing any 3D shoots yet?

The only 3-d shoots I've ever been to is stump shooting or at live targets. Just never really been around one to give it a try. I do thind I will in not to long go to Rocky Mt. Archery in Butte and give there interactive one a try....

ELKCHSR,
I don't go to very many 3D shoots but I have a blast when I do. I don't get to wrapped up in the score. I just try to make sure I place the stick where I want to. I like stump shooting more than anything though. When I'm out scouting or just dinkin around, I can't go more than a few minutes without picking out a target and letting fly. There is no better practice for working on your yardage gadging skills.

We just went to the first 3-D shoot of the year.
It was nice to get out , do some hiking , and see some people we hadnt seen sense the last the shoot in july.
We have shoots planned for the year starting with the sports show in Boise 1th of March.
We have been shooting indoors at a club,we have a membership so we can shoot anytime .
Steve has been shooting the indoor animal league on thursdays.

I haven't done the 3d shoots yet........ MD4me keeps bugging me but I haven't gone yet........

MAYBE someday EH ?

Glad to see ya around BULLhound !!! I'll swing by later with more time !!!

You guys keep me posted on the 3D's, especially anyone's located in the southern part of the state. I'd love to come up and shoot and watch you laugh at my shooting sometime! I'm sure we can get Moosie to go, he just needs some motivation, like a BET!!!!

The 3Ds' are a kick. At least the 6or8 I've been to. The only bad part is when you get stuck behind the guys that can't shoot worth crap, but take ten minutes for each shot. Some of these guys take about 15 secondes to actually draw their bow! If you go just to have fun and practice yardage estimation there great.

Moosie,
what PSE are you shooting?

Bullhound: Don't that really tick you off when you get behind people like that? Most of the shooters have the common decency to let you shoot through but there are always the few who lack common sence. Sometimes you run into shooters that do it purposely though. Had a girl do that a few years ago. I was with my son and a guy that ran our 3-D's before I did it. Don't know who she was trying to screw over, me or the other guy but it was a real hot day and we didn't have any water. It was 30 straight targets.They held us up until target 10. They wouldn't start to shoot until we got there and then they would take their time. When they went to #11 they couldn't see us so we went and shot #12 and then went back to #11 and sure enough they were just starting to shoot. When we got to #12 she said "#12 is right here" and I told her "We know, we already shot it." She actually started to cuss us out. After that they would be waiting before we finished shooting. I wanted to make some comments but figured that I wouldn't stoop to their level. As far as shoots this year I will probably shoot the end of this month. A club that I really like has one the 24th. My club don't start until mid April. My last shoot was in Dec. Rested up enough. Time to do it again. You meet the nicest people at these shoots! :D :D :D

cal45,

I'll probably get ripped for this but......................................................should have given her a blunt to the butt....................................................then a nice smile

I have not done the 3-D shooting yet. We have a very nice range over on the other side of the lake( or so I am told). I really need to get some of the guys together and go over there and try it out, as long as we don't have to keep score.

I know what you mean about people holding you up like that, it happened to me last year at the sporting clay range. A group of four was in front of our group of six. They were on the third station when we started and we caught them by the fifth station. Rather than stand around waiting on them we went ahead to the next station and came back to five on the way to the clubhouse. We rarely have a puller go with us on the range, we do the pulling our selves so this was not a problem.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back