Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Does your state include seniors on youth day?

wvhunter304

Here in West Virginia, youth season is antlerless only. Seniors can also hunt the youth season. Youth season is one weekend (pre rut)a few weeks before gun season and about three days towards the end of the year.

Currently, WV has a proposal to allow bucks to be killed during youth, but according to our state code this will allow seniors to do so as well.

Does your state allow seniors in youth day? Does your state allow seniors an early attempt to kill bucks with a rifle?

Does your state allow seniors in youth day? Does your state allow seniors an early attempt to kill bucks with a rifle?
We have a 3 day senior and youth antlerless rifle season in October. No extra youth or senior opportunities for bucks.

Kansas has a couple of variations. Turkey season starts with youth/disabled hunting a week or so before archery starts. Then regular season for all hunters/ weapons. Waterfowl has a youth season the weekend before regular season and allows veterans to hunt.

The last rule change that I can find for Idaho (2015) says that hunters over 65, holders of a senior combo license, and NR DAV license holder may apply first come first served for unsold Youth Only Controlled (Limited Entry) hunt tags. This does not address whether Seniors may hunt in OTC tag youth only hunts. such as youth only early seasons for Turkeys and upland game.

1711246574222.png

Fed Subsistence here in AK has a youth/elder hunt for some animals/units. They get to hunt early, but have to share a bag limit.

No other senior hunts that I know of.

Also Seniors in Alaska can hunt via proxy (65 years or older)
Seniors in Alaska get a free hunting/fishing/trapping license (60 years of older) including king salmon, state duck stamps.

Florida residents age 65 and older receive FREE hunting and fishing licenses. Deer season runs from September to February. Separate season for crossbows. Dog hunting is popular in areas of northern panhandle areas. TR

What age is considered a senior when it comes to hunting? I am new to hunting and just turned 56.
What I’ve seen in several states’ game regs is senior age follows SSI eligibility. Then there is also reduced fees and seasons for disabled hunters, veterans and disabled veterans which may also apply.

Here in West Virginia, youth season is antlerless only. Seniors can also hunt the youth season. Youth season is one weekend (pre rut)a few weeks before gun season and about three days towards the end of the year.

Currently, WV has a proposal to allow bucks to be killed during youth, but according to our state code this will allow seniors to do so as well.

In Louisiana, youth get 7 days and Veterans get the same days in early October. Seniors do not get to hunt early at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back