Yeti GOBOX Collection

Does Size Really Matter? HuntTalk.com's BUCKS of the YEAR !!

Moosie

Grand poopa
I thought I would line up all the Mule Deer (And a couple white tail) that I could think have been posted this year, and see if I could figure out which is most impressive and Why.

I truly believe that a Trophy Mule Deer is a more elusive beast than any Trophy Elk, and I think a Trophy Mule Deer with a Bow is an even more difficult task (Not to beef anyone's buck up in particular).

But, lined up, side by side, which do you think is most impressive and Why?

Killed by a CALIFORNIAN!

me4x4.jpg

Big Colorado Mule Deer Buck!

CoMuley.jpg

Big one from Wyoming...

Img19.jpg

A backview of some lucky hunter from Montana :

Kurt_Mule_Deer_and_Rifle_2003.sized.jpg

Father and Son Connect on same day in MT

MuleDeerAaronTroyMT2003.sized.jpg

And same Father in Colorado...

MuleDeerCo03AaronTroy.sized.jpg

Impressive Archery Kill from Montana

mt_2003_deer.sized.jpg

And then the same guy goes South of the Border to Wyoming:

Dead_WY_deer_006.jpg

The Halloweeny Buck :

jimmikedeer1a.sized.jpg

The Outlaw Unit 47 Buck :

2_G_003.sized.jpg

The Eastern Montana Bucks :

070750.jpg

070669.jpg

And then a Couple Whitetails for your Viewing :

The Bwana Wifes Buck :

Moni03buck1sized.jpg

The back East Kids Buck :

Martin_pics_377.sized.jpg

Buzz's Tounge Picture :

wt2003.JPG

I'm sure the List goes on and I missed a few. Lemme know if I missed some Dandy's out there.

Just trying to figure out if Size matters, or if other details are important too...

Moosie,

Great idea, and the first Post is top knotch...

But you kind of slipped on the second one...

(Psst... The one from Back East with the kid is a WHITETAIL
shhh.gif
) You really should be able to tell the difference....
rolleyes.gif

My vote goes to the big archery muley, then TEs buck becuase i love the velvet of hte archery trophy, but i like to see a hunter younger than me(TE even though i am not very old either) do better then i had ever thought of doing

I'd have to go with Miller's archery mule deer. I've known Miller for over twenty years and his honesty and dedication is second to none. If someone really earns and deserves great bucks every year, it's Miller.

Millers deer because it is a bow kill and i really feel sorry for a guy so fugging ugly. He must hunt all the time because he knows he has no chance at bagging a woman. Then the kids WT because its a slammer buck with killer G2-3's.
I dont remember if TK shot his with a bow, if so it beats the kids WT.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-18-2003 06:24: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

That is a damn nice Forked Horn Big Sky's boy shot...
smile.gif

The Archery Buck gets a 2x multiple, just for "Degree of Difficulty".

The "Mysterious MT Buck" does not look as big from behind... Of course that works in other situations, too...
wink.gif
hump.gif

I bet that Haloweeny Buck has an awesome story to go with it...
wink.gif

See... I actually like DS's Buck. It has a Bit of trash on it. BIG, FAT and Trashy !!! (No highschool girldfriend jokes
tongue.gif
)

I also Like Millers Wyoming buck. It isn't all that wide looking (I say that Like I've kilt something even close to it.
rolleyes.gif
) But it's tall. It would look real good on my wall.

Greenhorns buck isn't all that impresive from the back, Maybe I'll con him into letting me post a Different View of it. But it's cool because it is WIDE. 30+" Wide is always cool.

BigSky and Clan Always shoot good bucks. And this year he didn't let us down one bit, Even his "SMALL" Co. buck is a nice one !!

I Think Millers BOW buck is Awsome that it is in Velvet. It's always cool to see the buck that time of year. It's fairly even and wide....

If all those Bucks were standing Side by Side....... I'd drop the ?!?!?!?!
confused.gif

Obviously TE has the best whitey so far, job well done. You need to put Bwana's buck in the whitetail section as well, it is a dandy four pt.

As for mulies, it would be a tough call between the "Green"-monster or the DS pig. Let me see, drive out into the stubble and load GH's or pack a 350#er off the mountain?
rolleyes.gif

If they were side-by-side, I would have to shoot at the 30"er.

What the hell are you doing Troy?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I've known Miller for over twenty years and his honesty and dedication is second to none. If someone really earns and deserves great bucks every year, it's Miller. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am getting old and am still single, people are going to start talking if you post compliments like that.
biggrin.gif

Schmalts, are you sure you don't know me? You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> He must hunt all the time because he knows he has no chance at bagging a woman. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miller wins! hands down, 2 nice bucks! i don`t understand the "ugly" Miller joke, he looks pretty good sitting next to those 2 bucks.

Not in any oarticular order, I like DS's buck, Big Sky's buck, the Montana archery buck and Buzz's "big one from Wyoming." I like the mass and height, combined with spread of those deer. Width is good, but mass and height count more.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjcj:
Miller wins! hands down, 2 nice bucks! i don`t understand the "ugly" Miller joke, he looks pretty good sitting next to those 2 bucks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He started it...
tongue.gif
he called me an ugly bastard and i am sensitive you know
rolleyes.gif

Obviously I would be biased in my opinion on which buck is my favorite.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

So if we seperated the sub species then I could go with more choices.
biggrin.gif

BUt I actaully think that all the bucks are awesome and can not make a choice.

How about a trophy doe thread so I can enter?
tongue.gif

Mine ain't #1 at all......but I wanted to throw it in the mix to share and especially congratulate ALL of you on your trophies......cause they are all trophies!

faa3586a.jpg

That's a great buck, Woodrow. And I would place it highly in the list. I like the mass and the height. Spread is nice, but it's got to have the rest to be impressive - at least to me. Congrats a really nice buck!

Some dang nice deer on here guys, alot better than the one I haven't got yet. I can't pick a favorite.

Congrats on a bunch of fine critters, fella's... In my book, the kid w/ the eastern whity takes the cake. Unfortunate indeed. You'd be looking at a 189 typical mulie if we wanted to get down right technical and compare the two species.
biggrin.gif

Seroiusly though, a bunch of nice bucks had by all. Way to go.

Yeah what nut said...then I can throw my "monster" balcktail in the mix
hump.gif

But seriously- I gotta vote for miller's bow buck and Troy's Father-Son tandem!

Back