Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Does a NR have a chance in MT?

Done Diggin

I have been hunting deer and elk in Montana with General tags I drew for the past two years. I would like to apply for a special elk permit in the breaks, but I do not want to reduce my chances of being drawn for a general tag. From what I understand of the MT system the chances for a NR to be drawn are pretty long odds. Will appling for the special permit reduce my odds of being drawn for a general tag?

You cannot apply for a special permit without having the general tag, so apply for the special permit will not affect your ability to get a general tag.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the quick answer, hunting elk on public land with a general tag in MT beats the hell out of chasing swamp elk in Western WA, but a guy can always dream....

...or true spike only in eastern Wa. Make sure you talk to the local biologist before you put in as the regs are printed before they make their final call on tag numbers so the actual numer of tags available could be different than what the regs say.

Real Quick Hint........Left Over Draw. I pulled a tag at the first of May last year with no problems. The combo license was almost a grand bu I took a decent 6 pt and passed up a few smallish bucks. Went back for Whitetails but didn't have enough days of hunting left.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back