Yeti GOBOX Collection

Do you get unwanted visiters while hunting?

mdcrossbow

I had a good ground blind and this little thing was very nosie LOL

477565.JPG

477566.JPG

The year was "81" my first hunt with a bow. I was sitting on a creek bank between 2 thickets and I heard a noise to my right next thing that happened set the stage for the afternoon. A rabbit ran accross my legs a second later a fox was in hot persuit. Man I was pumped. This is great !. Then came my 1st deer a little 7 point stood before me at 5' I have to use a crossbow because of my shoulders, I raised the bow and looked through the scope and all I could see was brown. I lowered it a tad to look through the rings and swack. He took off like a bat out of He.. I'd never taken a deer or have I been with anyone who has so I didn't even think of following a blood trail. It had rained in the morning and the leaves were flat out so I flowed the turned up leaves and 70 yards away I found him. Sence then I have been visited by many critters some friendly some not so.

last fall I had a ground blind near a water hole during archery elk and had a kicker cub come around the tree right before dark, got within 3' before I had seen enough, i think we both nearly wet ourself.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back