Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Do Eyeguards Count ?

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm guessing it's been fought over before ...... but tell me your thoughts.

A 4 point muley with Eyeguards is what to you...... ?

Moosie said:
A 4 point muley with Eyeguards is what to you...... ?

I-125%20Mule.Intarsia.jpg

We call it a 4x4 here Moosie. If it was a whitetail it'd be a 10 point.

...that is funny Nut....lmao.

a 10 pointer, and Miller knows it too. But anything over 10 points he would have to take off his socks to count

Could be a 4x4 with eyeguards. But what if it has kickers coming off the eyeguards? or double eyeguards on one side. I would have to say if its a non typical count them. But if as a typical a 4x4 with eyeguards.

A point is anything over an inch, so if the eye guard is over an inch, then its a point. My favorite people are the ones who say if you can put a ring on it then it counts as a point! Ever heard that one before?

OS

Oneida shooter brings up a good point about the "over an inch" thing. Certain units here in Idaho are 2-point only or 4-point or better but eyeguards don't count so technically a 3-point with eyeguards is not legal in a 4-point or better unit. IMO, a 4 point with eyeguards is just that. What is odd is that B&C/P&Y count eyeguards in the final score...with eyeguards = count them.....no eyeguards = no additional score... 1 antler with and 1 without = deductions. Us westerners should just count all of 'em like most easterner/southerner's do!! :D

I usually don't count them but if I killed the muley buck Greenhorn killed this year in Montana I think I'd make an exception.

I call this a 6X5. To tourists it's an eleven pointer, but to the muley guys it's a 4X5 with eyeguards. (There's a small non-typical tine between the 3 and 4 on the right side). 7" eyeguards cost him his life.

4 x 4 with trash!

I never counted eyeguards til I got one with 4 inchers, now I'm tempted.

those have to be the biggest muley eyegaurds that i have ever seen ....WOW! deffinetly worthy of the lead ....congrats Greeny!

Moosie... I wouldn't worry about it until you acutally shot one that big...;)LOLhump

I don't think that it really matters.. it varies region to region and that is acceptable to me. It's like saying that every one in the world should speak English and have the same accent, would be a nice thought but its never going to happen.

But peronally I would call it a 4x4 with eyeguards.

Moosie,

The eyeguards count in my book. It's a 5x5.

Great buck Greenhorn!

Buschy

Sneakem said it before I could... Bwuahah

I would say 4x4 with eyegards or just 4pt.

Greenhorn.. I have never seen a buck like that before... He would have died if I had seen him also... Sweet Buck! what year did you kill him?

Wow.. you shot a Montana Deer this year Greeny and that was it.... Boy I wish I was on your Email list like all these other guys that have to let it known that they've already seen it :D

So what length constitutes it a Point then ?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back