Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Do boots have ware bars?

sacountry

Out in HD 140 looking for my goat. From all the scouting and hunting this area, it appears that I'm down to my wear bars on boots. Only 3 years old. Still looked new at the end of last hunting season.

Attachments

• 1601747753236276946864163113375.jpg
    1601747753236276946864163113375.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
If they fit, are comfortable, and still waterproof, I’d keep on truck in’ in ‘em.

How’s the Horn Hunter Curl working out for you?

If they fit, are comfortable, and still waterproof, I’d keep on truck in’ in ‘em.
Hunting in the mountains, with snow in boots like that is akin to driving through a snow storm on bald tires. Whether or not it's worth it to you is subject to your own risk assessment. Me, no way.

Don't throw them away. I use my "worn out" boots for about 80% of my hiking. No sense wearing the soles down of my good boots when I'm just walking a trail.

They might be Rebuildable.....

They might be Rebuildable.....

They are rebuildable. One of the many things i like about Danners. The Bob sole is super grippy in all conditions.

How’s the Horn Hunter Curl working out for you?
So far I'm super I pressed. I took the frame with both bags 2 miles in to a base camp. Dropped the small bag, consolidated some gear into the big bag to set spike camp 3 miles in. I'm now just using the frame and all its pockets/storage for day hunting out of spike camp. It's definitely one well thought out system.

Danners have always been my go to boots for years. But I've got a new pair of kenetrek and I think once broke in they'll be the bomb.

Follow up on this thread. I sent my boots back to Danner on Monday on the roll of the dice that they'd be ready for the start of the elk rifle season. Just received a call from them letting me know that they warranty the boots for one year and that I am outside that window. They offered 25% off a new pair or I could have the old pair resoled expeditiously at no extra charge. I opted to go the resole route. They'll be done and shipped no later than this Monday. With shipping time, I'll have a few days to spare before I go out with stepson to hunt elk. Pretty awesome customer service experience.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back