Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

DIY turret label

��

In a world where the answer to any particular problem tends to be spend more money on more gadgets, I love seeing things like this.

All it needs to be weather ready is a section of clear heatshrink! Looks awesome!

Did you just calculate the dope or did you shoot a few distances and then interpolate between those?

All it needs to be weather ready is a section of clear heatshrink! Looks awesome!

Did you just calculate the dope or did you shoot a few distances and then interpolate between those?

I shot at 320, 420 & 540 yds to validate the dope then used the calculator to fill in.

I'm thinking about a piece of clear packing tape to weather proof it, it needs to be thin whatever I use.

How thin does it need to be? I think some single wall shrink that starts at about the diameter of the turret would fit flush with the knurling at the top. Packing tape is definitely the king of being thin though.

I'm totally with Brian on this one, LOVE IT!
Beats the heck out of yet another $100.

You could try some clear nail polish. I won't tell.

I’ve spray painted the top of the turret where it says up. The. wrote on it my yardage’s. If you don’t like it a little acetone removes it

I like it.

If you made a jig in MOA to set the blank label in you could probably make some nice turrets marked in 50 or 100 yard increments pretty easy with nothing more than a drop chart.

There is a company that makes real nice once for around25 bucks. As soon as I get my daughters 260 dialed in I’m got to order one. I’ve had some terrible results with berger bullets so Trying accubonds

Resurrecting this thread with a couple of updates.
  1. I emailed Vortex customer service and they sent me two extra turrets free of charge. I now have two for each scope which is perfect because I have two loads for each of my hunting rifles
  2. I worked out a good label format and printed it from http://turretlabels.com/
Here is the result of the printed label wrapped with clear packing tape. Cost $0

Making your own turrets works great! Just use the environmentals where you will be shooting and put some clear tape over it to make it weather resistant. I mark every 100 with a small hash for 50, also mark the wind hold every couple hundred for a 10mph.

1. I emailed Vortex customer service and they sent me two extra turrets free of charge. I now have two for each scope which is perfect because I have two loads for each of my hunting rifles
  2. I worked out a good label format and printed it from http://turretlabels.com/
Here is the result of the printed label wrapped with clear packing tape. Cost $0

View attachment 107788
That looks great. Im gonna do this on my non CDS guns.

View attachment 107788
IMG_1088.jpgIMG_1092.jpgIMG_1107.jpg
Thanks for the mention :) I've upgraded the tool a bit - now it's also possible to create label for the windage turret (If you fancy implementing a finnaccuracy system or similar). Still free to use of course. If you print on self adhesive vinyl the result is awesome!

That looks really great, where do you get the printable vinyl?

Thanks for donating your time to the community and building such a useful tool!
I’m printing on vinyl sheets from this shop https://evergreengoodsstore.com/index.php/stickers-labels.html
I’m sure there are other great suppliers - just make sure the vinyl is intended for printing.
If using a laser printer, make sure the vinyl is intended for printing with laser (otherwise risk of melting glue ruining printer). The labels in the pictures above were printed on a really cheap inkjet printer. Non-Professional inkjet printers use waterbased inks, so I usually give the labels a coat of clear varnish making them weatherproof. (Laser printed labels are a lot tougher)
You could use paper based labels - cheaper than vinyl - but a pita to remove. The glossy type, with a coat of varnish looks good though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back