Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

DIY Caribou?

Why would you bail out on the moose hunt??I'd be finding someone to take his place asap and do it!!!I'd go for sure if I knew I wouldn't have divorce papers the day I got back since I'll be out from 8/26-9/6 ffor caribou.Good luck but get on the phone and some other sites;like bowsite,and find a partner

Hi guys ; I have a situation ! I was to hunt Moose with a friend in Alaska from the 15th of sept, to 30th . And now he can't make the hunt. So I am going to be in anchorage for 16 days with nothing to do ! I am looking for some info on finding someone that will fly me out to hunt caribou. I am by my self, and every outfit I see has a diy hunt based on 2 or 4 people minimum. I was hoping to find a fly service with knowledge of where the caribou are and is willing to take just one person. I don't have a problem paying for the transport and pick up. I am unsure on what to do as far as equiptment. Bring my own(send via mail) or rent stuff there? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated .TRA PAH

There's another guy that just posted in 2 locations (I think it was the ANNOUNCEMENTS and LIVE HUNTS subforums) about wanting a partner for a DIY Alaska moose hunt. One/both of you might need to flex your dates a little, but perhaps you can get together and make it happen!

Good luck,

Michael

Hi Tra pa I am interested in moose hunt.I can handle about 7-10 days as I am booked for elk on Montana as well
Let's talk and see how we can connect. Lonnie

Hey there base

Hey Lonnie; I am out in the bush now till sept 8th. I have 10 guys for a bear hunt till then. I am scheduled to be home on the 9th. I was to be with a friend who lives in Alaska,sept 15th to the 1st of oct. but he has hurt his back and can't hunt. The problem is we were going to use his truck and equip. So that leave me out in the cold as the Moose hunt. I am just trying to figure something to do for myself since I will be there.As for the moose, I am not prepared to do it with out my buddy. he had a plan. Next year I am planning a float hunt for moose. I would be up for a companion for that . Let me know what you think. Thanks trapah

Back