NEW SITKA Ambient 75

DIY 2017 Elk hunt

deerman59

I live in Middle Tenn and looking for someone to hunt elk with in New Mexico or Colorado to split travel costs. I've been once to New Mexico and looking to go back again or try Colorado. Rifle only. Open to other states if necessary.

I'd be interested. I'm a complete newbie Elk hunter and want to head to Colorado next year and try it out. I live in eastern WV. Most of my hunting buddies either aren't interested in elk, already have an elk, or our schedules just don't line up.

Hello, I am currently outside of Nashville and looking to do my first elk hunt next year. I am new to this forum but feel free to message me or respond if you'd like. I can't promise I can get the time off to go but I'd love to help plan or help you sort through maps and etc. I have quite a few hours studying maps and terrain while in the military at fort Campbell.

Hello, I am currently outside of Nashville and looking to do my first elk hunt next year. I am new to this forum but feel free to message me or respond if you'd like. I can't promise I can get the time off to go but I'd love to help plan or help you sort through maps and etc. I have quite a few hours studying maps and terrain while in the military at fort Campbell.

I'd be interested. I'm a complete newbie Elk hunter and want to head to Colorado next year and try it out. I live in eastern WV. Most of my hunting buddies either aren't interested in elk, already have an elk, or our schedules just don't line up.

I live in Middle Tenn and looking for someone to hunt elk with in New Mexico or Colorado to split travel costs. I've been once to New Mexico and looking to go back again or try Colorado. Rifle only. Open to other states if necessary.

If you guys put this together, let me know how I can help.

We are putting together a bow hunt in CO for the 2017 season. We are a group of military guys most retired, you guys are more than welcome to join us. We have a group out of Clarksville that will be traveling by vehicle. Right now we have 8 guys but most likely only 3 will get to go due to who knows what everyone's real life schedule will be. Our goal was 6 guys going so we could split into 3 two man groups.

I have been drawn for elk in NM 3 times in the last 11 years (Including the first year I ever put in). It may seem impossible to get a tag as a Non-Res in NM but its not. Let me know if I can help.

I'm also wanting to try for my first trip out west for an DIY archery elk. An I'm basically in the same boat as HuntWV. Most of my friends only wanna go with an outfitter but I can't afford a trip like that. I've come to the conclusion a while back that if I'm ever to make it it'd have to a DIY trip.

Warning - For those newbies that are considering going take a minute and think about what your getting into. Going Elk hunting will ruin your desire to hunt anything else, consume your thoughts forever, and have a impact on your financial future. :)

Warning - For those newbies that are considering going take a minute and think about what your getting into. Going Elk hunting will ruin your desire to hunt anything else, consume your thoughts forever, and have a impact on your financial future. :)

Truest statement I've seen posted on here to date! Whitetails just ain't the same after the elk bug. Good luck guys.

Very true statement!! I went elk hunting 4 years ago and don't want to sit in a tree stand for white tails again... I have spent a bunch of money getting ready for next years trip... not to mention my wife has to listen to me talk about next year...�� Almost like a drug having a screaming bull tearing up a tree 20 yards away...

WARNING: You guys may not want to go back home after coming out West!!!

No caca, John! I lived out west for much of my life-I still consider myself "west" in Nebraska. I really miss living in the mountains of New Mexico, though.

To anybody needing a bit of advice learned over many hard years of hunting elk, I will be more than happy to offer what little bit of logic/advice that I have retained and maybe even make a trip-if I am not out reliving my youth in elk country somewhere!

The Democratik Republik of Colorado will hands-down offer you the best chance at a hunt, if you are after those ever-elusive antlers. If not, Wyoming has great cow hunts that are easy to draw, as well as probably some other states.

Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of opinions/information here-both good and bad!:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back