Distance between camp and hunt grounds

I wouldn't count on all animals acting the same Lawnboy says. If you are hunting a buck that is 5.5+ years old and he finds out you're camped there, he's leaving the country.

I wouldn't count on all animals acting the same Lawnboy says. If you are hunting a buck that is 5.5+ years old and he finds out you're camped there, he's leaving the country.

I'm not hunting an area with a muley population. I'm referring to elk and I do have bulls older than 5.5 yrs within half a mile. It seems I'm hunting some mysterious elk in the various units I hunt. I will withhold anymore comments due to the "unreal nature" of the ones I'm apparently hunting.
Maybe if I go "Beast Mode" I will be more successful.:rolleyes:

No fires and no naps?? That sounds like a pretty crappy hunt to me.

Bart, don't you know that no self respecting MT elk or deer will come within 1 mile of a tent or a little smokey? Especially once they turn 5..that's when they get really scared of the smokies.

This is good stuff...I'm learning a lot. For you guys that are experienced in this type of hunting..How close can I poop to the tent without scaring the game? Can I only poop in the afternoon? What if the 5 year old deer finds out I pooped to close to the tent..will he leave? What if I just have to fart..is that only allowed in my sleeping bag?

For the sake of your partners,YES, only fart in your sleeping bag not around the fire. You should only poop around someone elses campsite;not your own.Best time is during their afternoon naps.Hope I answered these questions correct

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back