Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Dinner with the AK Experts..

Moosie

Grand poopa
SO it started out I needed help on my AK list, I invited Elk Gunner over for a quick meal tonight. It ended up time was tight so He turned the Tables and Invited me out to his place to look at his AK 'bou's and eat some AK fish. Ovis was invited too. All we needed was LBG to complete our 4 posters in the AK section
wink.gif

I showed up on time (for a change) and my boys quickly befriended his girls. Or the other way around. Gunner said they could go out and play... Little did I know he was Growing a Wasp farm on the Kids swing set. Heck, MAybe there is even a picture of that ?!?!
wink.gif
Little Zach didn't fair well with 2 stings. I was in trouble for Not saving him in time He choked out with tears streaming down his face and crying... But, with the time passing and the Introduction to the Barbie car, He was back on his feet !!

With Ovis coming over to help me out on my AK pack list... I was just glad he wasn't coming over to teach me to follow Directions, Not even able to find his way to Elk Gunners house with a map
tongue.gif
and being 1 hour late, Dinner was Finnaly had !!!

It was Good eats and Good help and looks like I'm ready. Looks like Ovis is Ready too.... He's looking Mean And Fit. Weighing easily 50#'s less then Me I still wouldn't want to tangle with him !!!

I am pretty sure Ovis is much closer to being an expert on Alaska than I am. At best, all I will ever be is a "wannabe" when it comes to knowledge of AK in comparison to Ovis.

But glad to have everybody over to the Trailer Park, and sorry about Zach's run in with the Wasp.
eek.gif

It was great to see Ovis' pictures, and find somebody who hunts that takes MORE pictures than I do. It amazes me how many people don't take pictures, until the critter is in the back of the pick-up.
frown.gif
And Ovis has many pictures that could likely be sold to any of the Hunting magazines, for "stock" photos. He has a series of Goat pictures that were amazing, including one pic of a Nanny and a Kid that captures the maternal instict of the Nanny, and the playfullness of the Kid. The kind of picture you look at, and involuntarily, you say "ahhhhhhhhhhhh".

Moosie, sorry you couldn't get in on some of our trip planning for future hunts. I guess it was one of those "you had to be there" deals.
wink.gif
Bummer for you dude...
tongue.gif

But, so you can have something to look at, here is the pic that my dad took last week of a bull. See if you can find his equal...
MainSalmonCard2_003.sized.jpg

Is he a shooter?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Forget what I look like, what about you? I gotta say, you are looking mighty ready to pack 2000 lbs of moose and bou burger. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

biggrin.gif
thanx... I'm not sure if I feel like it yet, But ready or not, Here I come !!!!

Sounds like I missed a few stories ? Gunner is a good guy, And although he lives in that trailer
rolleyes.gif
I still go and visit him there. I don't understand why he hangs his Bou in the Office with only the 9' Cielings though when his Formal Living area has those 20' high walls. Those would hold alot of criters !!!

Anyways, No worries on the Wasps, I understand some people like keeping nests of them to keep dangerous critters like Bears and cougars away from their place and the best place to hide them is on the Kids slides/Swings and stuff
wink.gif

(Note to self, Check backyard for Wasps, Ect with all the Smart ass comments if Gunners girls ever got stung I'd never live it down
tongue.gif
)

On the Trip you're planning, Jsut work out the Dam Details and Tell me about it. We'll figure something out for sure !!

thanx for Dinner, And whe nI get back We'll do it again. Maybe have a BBQ with a Moose steak or something
drool.gif

I don't know whether I should flip you the bird or shed a tear. I told yah I was sorry for showing up late
smile.gif
Somehow I feel as if the blame should be put on the directions as opposed to me...they were pretty chitty
biggrin.gif
Okay, maybe not. Forget what I look like, what about you? I gotta say, you are looking mighty ready to pack 2000 lbs of moose and bou burger.

Let me finish your story for you...

After the Moosie family departed for their "short" drive home, Gunner and I had small talk over a slice of his heavenly (and most delicious) cheesecake. Best I ever had!!! Topics of discussion consisted of Idaho hunting, river running and fishing, as well as a float trip for moose in AK in 04. Too bad you couldn't stay longer.

It was a great evening (minus my complications getting to the house) and awesome grub. Gunner is quite the host, and his girls couldn't have been any sweeter.

Thanks gunner.

Now I have to excuse myself to sneak a bite or two of leftover cheesecake in.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back