Caribou Gear Tarp

Digital Fishing License Colorado

BoulderBulls

Looks like colorado has come out with a phone app for driver licenses. Along with that you can digitally download your fishing license. Over the past 20+ years I've gotten in such the habit of always having my physical fishing/Hunting license on my person that I don't really see the point. Is this the way of the future? No way they'd lower license fees by skipping mailing physical licenses?! What are everyone's thoughts?

MarvB

I honestly am getting a bit tired of being so tethered to my friggin phone. Half the restaurants now want you to scan their QR menus, digital licenses, digital ATV registrations, etc. I’m the old guy whose phone is either off or the battery about dead most the time, would rather it just be in my wallet or hooked to my fishing vest.

Redman

I honestly am getting a bit tired of being so tethered to my friggin phone. Half the restaurants now want you to scan their QR menus, digital licenses, digital ATV registrations, etc. I’m the old guy whose phone is either off or the battery about dead most the time, would rather it just be in my wallet or hooked to my fishing vest.
Yea, and how does the phone work after you drop it in the water????

rwc101

I keep a copy of my Wyoming license on my phone as a backup. My paper license almost went flying across Lake Hattie when I handed it to a warden.

TN2shot07

TN also has an app that has your license on there. It’s awesome for checking in animals and they have the regulations on there just in case. You can still print off a paper copy or for $5 they’ll mail you a nice plastic one.

F250

I'm old. I like a paper license and tag in my wallet. Having a backup on my phone is great insurance. I do like the states where I can report game taken with an app. on the phone.