Digital Fishing License Colorado

BoulderBulls

Looks like colorado has come out with a phone app for driver licenses. Along with that you can digitally download your fishing license. Over the past 20+ years I've gotten in such the habit of always having my physical fishing/Hunting license on my person that I don't really see the point. Is this the way of the future? No way they'd lower license fees by skipping mailing physical licenses?! What are everyone's thoughts?

I honestly am getting a bit tired of being so tethered to my friggin phone. Half the restaurants now want you to scan their QR menus, digital licenses, digital ATV registrations, etc. I’m the old guy whose phone is either off or the battery about dead most the time, would rather it just be in my wallet or hooked to my fishing vest.

I honestly am getting a bit tired of being so tethered to my friggin phone. Half the restaurants now want you to scan their QR menus, digital licenses, digital ATV registrations, etc. I’m the old guy whose phone is either off or the battery about dead most the time, would rather it just be in my wallet or hooked to my fishing vest.
Yea, and how does the phone work after you drop it in the water????

I keep a copy of my Wyoming license on my phone as a backup. My paper license almost went flying across Lake Hattie when I handed it to a warden.

TN also has an app that has your license on there. It’s awesome for checking in animals and they have the regulations on there just in case. You can still print off a paper copy or for $5 they’ll mail you a nice plastic one.

I'm old. I like a paper license and tag in my wallet. Having a backup on my phone is great insurance. I do like the states where I can report game taken with an app. on the phone.

The old way works fine for me. Don't you need a connection to show an app? I never have service where I hunt.

I understand where your coming from, I also absolutely feel the opposite.

As a server all through college and on and on in my 20s I was pumped when places started having digital menus. Physical ones get disgusting, and are a hassle.

Standing in line at the grocery store waiting for someone to write a paper check is maddening.

Standing in line at the grocery store waiting for someone to write a paper check is maddening.
I got noticeably miffed just reading this. My single biggest pet peeve. Followed closely by people that stop abruptly in the middle of the travel corridor in airports.

The old way works fine for me. Don't you need a connection to show an app? I never have service where I hunt.
You don't - apps can have online and offline portions. And even without an official CPW app you could save a picture/pdf/QR code in your Photos/Files/Wallet, etc (I do this for WY licenses and some others, ntm proof of auto insurance, registration, etc).

I agree with the above that both methods should be available. But there should be a surcharge to have a paper license printed and mailed (notably since Aspira is doing the fulfillment and they should have other priorities, given the application and Point Of Sale challenges the last 4 years).

I'll admit to being old school. I tried a cellphone once and decided I didn't need it. I got it in case I got hurt hunting but I never had a connection.

I'm really surprised i'm on a computer. It's not like me at all.

you know it's weird you bring this up. i had never felt anger of this kind until yesterday when i had to go the grocery store for like 8 items, one of which had to be unlocked from a little plastic box by a cashier, so i couldn't do the self checkout counter

and there i was.... waiting, watching some single mother check out her like 400 dollars of groceries in cash while i wait. the 16 year old is counting out the change and i'm like "this is un $%*^*#^ believable. who are these people? this could've been all done 37 seconds ago if she used her damn credit card? does she not have a damn credit card? what year is it??"

i surprised myself, a lot, by how maddened i was

you know it's weird you bring this up. i had never felt anger of this kind until yesterday when i had to go the grocery store for like 8 items, one of which had to be unlocked from a little plastic box by a cashier, so i couldn't do the self checkout counter

and there i was.... waiting, watching some single mother check out her like 400 dollars of groceries in cash while i wait. the 16 year old is counting out the change and i'm like "this is un $%*^*#^ believable. who are these people? this could've been all done 37 seconds ago if she used her damn credit card? does she not have a damn credit card? what year is it??"

i surprised myself, a lot, by how maddened i was
Yeah, I think we all have those moments when we get pissed, and then have to take a moment and think AITA.

After taking the 5-10 seconds necessary to realize I might be here are usually my thoughts...

If you have a checking account, you have a bank account. All banks provide debit cards, most are now RF equipped. Using a check in 2021 is kind of a luddite flex under most circumstances. My mother and father-n-law do it and I know damn well they have credit and debit cards. 🤬

Cash is different in my mind, you may not have a bank account, or the credit score necessary to get a card. Plus for people in the service industry/weed/ etc there is an incentive not to participate in the system. Cash people only drive me nuts if they stop and proceed to tell me they use cash cause David Ramsey told them to.

Yeah, I think we all have those moments when we get pissed, and then have to take a moment and think AITA.

After taking the 5-10 seconds necessary to realize I might be here are usually my thoughts...

If you have a checking account, you have a bank account. All banks provide debit cards, most are now RF equipped. Using a check in 2021 is kind of a luddite flex under most circumstances. My mother and father-n-law do it and I know damn well they have credit and debit cards. 🤬

Cash is different in my mind, you may not have a bank account, or the credit score necessary to get a card. Plus for people in the service industry/weed/ etc there is an incentive not to participate in the system. Cash people only drive me nuts if they stop and proceed to tell me they use cash cause David Ramsey told them to.

i was definitely the asshole. usually am unfotunately lol

and in this case, i guess it wasn't necessarily the cash. she could've been family friends with the cashier and had been finishing up a friendly converstion with him and i would've been equally pissed, if not more.

simply the fact that i had to use one of the 2 open checkout lines full of mothers with boatloads of groceries for just a handful of items just cause one was in a plastic case........... really i'm pissed at corporate kroger i guess 🤔

I'll admit to getting impatient when someone has two handfuls of coupons to go through. Then the cashier has to go through them too.

I understand where your coming from, I also absolutely feel the opposite.

As a server all through college and on and on in my 20s I was pumped when places started having digital menus. Physical ones get disgusting, and are a hassle.

I do agree whole heartedly about the menus as a germ trap, unfortunately the same could be said about salt & pepper, condiments, money, you name it. I guess I just have a somewhat selfish desire to unplug when I damn well feel like it and not be tethered to my phone when I personally don’t feel
like it (yes, in this case it’s all about me 😉). I was the Operations Manager for an electric utility for a couple of decades. As such (unless I could find/pay someone to “hold the baby” when I was to be truly unavailable) I was on call 24/7/365.... general outages, wildfires, snow storms, New Years drunks hunting power poles, you name it and that cell phone would ring at the MOST inopportune time! Now a year post retirement when I do actually carry the frigging thing I want it to be my choice when to use it, not the hamburgers! Different eras I guess.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back