Caribou Gear Tarp

Did ya hear TX is freezing over?

How about a re-make of Stevie Ray Vaughan "It's floodin down in Texas" to "It's a blizzard down in Texas". Puttin it to the blues is good therapy.

Lack of integrity in the TX grid is due to unregulated industry. No regulations,no problemo.
Mandate to provide cheap power to large entities at all cost has paid off.
Frozen gas lines to power plants and grid parts & equipment that can't handle the elements.
"Don't need no damn regulatin".
Thank your last 2 gubberners & the Railroad Commission folks..................free thinkers.

It's not called Global warming anymore.
It's called climate change and this is what happens!
Yep, the global warming thing was too specific. They ran into problems when Al Gore predicted the ice caps would be gone by 2014. It's climate change now and so any bad or unusual weather is evidence. No specific predictions, but lots of predictive models where all end in global catastrophe. What are the odds that there are absolutely no winners in the climate change scenario except invasive species and bad things?

Scientist of every generation have looked at past generations as being ignorant and naïve. We are now presumptuous enough to believe we have finally arrived at the apex of understanding. In the early 1900's scientist believed we were entering an ice age.

But I open myself up to bullying and cancellation for speaking such things. Sorry.

Yep, the global warming thing was too specific. They ran into problems when Al Gore predicted the ice caps would be gone by 2014. It's climate change now and so any bad or unusual weather is evidence. No specific predictions, but lots of predictive models where all end in global catastrophe. What are the odds that there are absolutely no winners in the climate change scenario except invasive species and bad things?

Scientist of every generation have looked at past generations as being ignorant and naïve. We are now presumptuous enough to believe we have finally arrived at the apex of understanding. In the early 1900's scientist believed we were entering an ice age.

But I open myself up to bullying and cancellation for speaking such things. Sorry.
I'm not a scientist nor I claim to be. But science and it's methods gets better by time. Comparing science from 1900's when there wasn't even antibiotics to today where we have satellites and computers and data??? I hate cancel culture and respect every opinion presented skillfully however you have to come up with a better argument if you don't believe what's happening in TX today is not the result of climate change.

Tejas has had these weather incidents in past. They did not plan for it happening again I guess.

Same folks don't bury waterlines nor insulate them here in NM. I mean after all, you can wear shorts year round here. Right?

Reactions: LCH
I'm not a scientist nor I claim to be. But science and it's methods gets better by time. Comparing science from 1900's when there wasn't even antibiotics to today where we have satellites and computers and data??? I hate cancel culture and respect every opinion presented skillfully however you have to come up with a better argument if you don't believe what's happening in TX today is not the result of climate change.
I agree, the climate is always changing.
"Palm leaves found fossilized in the rocks bordering the Malaspina Glacier near Yakutat have a story to tell since palms could not possibly grow there today." Whatever. It's not worth the discussion.

I know. Today they call it the polar vortex. When I was growing up we called it the Siberian Express and blamed it on the Russians. 😉
So are you saying the Cold War is over? :p Yeah we really don't know what the average planet temp should be. We are still coming out of the last ice age and temperatures have been reasonably record for a few hundred years when the planet is 4 billion years old. I get the goal to reduce pollution and carbon emissions but the issue people don't like is hearing, "The world is ending, give us your money!" Don't get me started on why a hydrogen economy will never happen in the USA in the current political climate. :p

I knew there was a reason I moved from Upstate NY to the Southwest

Tejas has had these weather incidents in past. They did not plan for it happening again I guess.

Same folks don't bury waterlines nor insulate them here in NM. I mean after all, you can wear shorts year round here. Right?
It was 1 degree at my house in east TX this morning. I’m forty years old and have never seen it this cold here in my lifetime.
When we build our house next year I’ll be building with features for a weather event that may likely never happen in my lifetime again, but I like to be somewhat prepared.

It was 1 degree at my house in east TX this morning. I’m forty years old and have never seen it this cold here in my lifetime.
When we build our house next year I’ll be building with features for a weather event that may likely never happen in my lifetime again, but I like to be somewhat prepared.
Insulation works for hot weather and cold. Good investment if you are building new

Lack of integrity in the TX grid is due to unregulated industry. No regulations,no problemo.
Mandate to provide cheap power to large entities at all cost has paid off.
Frozen gas lines to power plants and grid parts & equipment that can't handle the elements.
"Don't need no damn regulatin".
Thank your last 2 gubberners & the Railroad Commission folks..................free thinkers.
What makes you such an expert on what TEXAS needs in the form of Regulation?
I say De-regulation is a good thing.
Tell you what, you fix NM and when your done with that come on over and run for governor. You and Beto can be running mates.

Back