Did I miss the memo on Ammunition stock-pile?

bbright

I can’t find 7mm-08 ammo anywhere. Has this run on ammo been going on for awhile? Where or how are y’all getting the ammo you need?

Gunbroker it's the new EBay for shooters unfortunately I guess. No seriously I reload most of my rifles and had stuff in hand except nosler accubonds and those are MIA.

been gathering the essentials since the 2012 Sandy Hook deal. Only thing I wish I could find is some odd and end things to load 6.5 Creed.
I just got creedmoor brass and barnes lrx and match burners for the creed off of midway to load in a friends gun.

I just got creedmoor brass and barnes lrx and match burners for the creed off of midway to load in a friends gun.
I am looking for some 120 tsx. It would be nice to find some more powders but I'll just have to get lucky for those as it seems to go like wildfire when in stock.

Oddly enough 7mm-08 is on the shelves at my local Sportsmans warehouse. Specifically Hornady Superformance 139 GMX is what I have seen. They had a little bit of some others. For me what is hard to find on the shelf is 30-06 ammo. Slowly I am seeing ammo come into stock. Finally found some 380 Auto for a handgun, was pricey but picked up some while I could.

I actually went to a place near me that is just a reloading supply place and got some powder. Just for kicks I asked bout primers and all they had was large pistol.

I found both bullets and powder at Midway, prices normal. Got lucky on a few boxes from Cabelas early in November, a local gun shop, and a little grocery in southern Colorado. But now it's all reloading...nigh unto $100 a box for "normal" 7mm-08 on Gunbroker.

Ive thought about capitalizing on this and selling a few primers to pay for a new Swaroski Spotting scope, but I doubt I will do it. Crazy the prices people are paying for primers over on gun broker.
How much are primers going for? Asking for a friend.

Why can’t mfg ramp up? Is this COVID or election related?
Remember when everyone was out of .22lr in 2012-2013, it will come back just takes a while for product to get out.

If your use to selling 10,000 boxes of ammo a month and sell 1,000,000 in a month it takes a while to get inventory.

I bet prices will actually come down a bit when people realize they really don’t need 5,000 rounds of .303 British and 4,000 of .25-35.

Im not going to get antsy until next fall.

My experience with these shortages, when they happen, is that they bear an uncanny resemblence to hunting. Too much pressure? Can't find your prey where they were earlier in the year? start checking out the places others don't go; that little gas station that also sells ammo, the tiny, out of the way gun store with the slightly creepy owner that you usually avoid, etc. They tend to have ammo long after the bigger stores run out. Good luck!

I'm using this "downtime" by preparing to jump into reloading - lot's of internet reading and shopping lists for now. Coincidentally, 7mm-08 is the first cartridge on deck.
I am however holding off on making my new rifle purchase until ammunition becomes more readily available. I don't see the point in buying a rifle if I can't shoot it.
(nevermind that I can't decide/commit what cartridge I want to shoot in said new rifle)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back