NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Devaluing Non-Residents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

Keep shafting NRs hunter at every turn and you just might find yourself choking alone while you try to swallow all those tags.
Not sure where you believe this NR "shafting" is happening, but it sure as chit isn't Wyoming.

That’s not my jam at all personally, but yeah- kind of what I was getting at.
It would be my jam if I could afford it every year. You can easily pay for an outfitted hunt, and still do things your way! Just a surefire way to hunt every year.

The post you're quoting was in no way related to you, it was a response to Nameless Range. It was about Montana. Not Wyoming.

Non-Residents are the main funding of WGFD. Over 70% of WGFD revenue comes from NR hunters, $43 mil from tags, and $19 mil from the federal government.
What percentage of tags go to NRs?

Don't bite the hand that feeds you buzz.
Wrong, just over 50% of the GF budget comes from NR's in Wyoming....again, get your facts straight.

As for tag percentages, why don't you try actually looking instead of running your mouth...way more than the initial tag splits, and that actually is a FACT.

I think Randy made a good point that for those wanting more opportunity(res and non res), the best thing we can do is to get more animals out there on accessible lands. Currently, most big game species in much of the west have populations trending downward. Until those populations can hopefully rebound, we have to be careful managing these species which has to result in sacrifices in resident tags in many instances, non resident tags(since they get a lower % of tags, and businesses in these towns unfortunately. It sucks all around, but I don’t see how there’s any other way until things improve. I have no time for anyone who can’t make some sacrifices like not having a buck tag every year in the area they want to hunt when populations warrant it, etc. the supply and demand in these western states is completely out of whack. God, I need to learn how to get my point across in fewer words.

Hey rjthe"hunter",

While you're running your mouth and whining about no NR opportunity in WY...my friends and family seem to find what you're incapable of.

I'm not surprised.

22873.jpeg

IMG_20201210_161551407.jpg

11853.jpeg

IMG_20210815_195904552.jpg

24700.jpeg

24701.jpeg

I fully agree with you and Randy that more animals = more hunting opportunities. That's on game and fish though. They set objectives, and give out tags based on that. Are they giving out too many tags in general? Probably. But in 2021, only 12% of elk hunters in MT were non-residents. That's a fairly small percentage. Also, it looks like resident hunter numbers have been declining since 2015 in the latest info I could find.

A lot of other things come in to play with population objectives. I'm less interested in that topic at the moment, and am more interested in why non residents given such a small piece of the pie when they're the ones funding the bakery? Also, at what point is it too expensive for people? My guess is that right now it's becoming popular, and it will slowly drop back down as opportunities get harder and harder to come by. Until a point when states realize they've made a mistake.
If you think this is as simple as game and fish waving a magic wand, setting population objectives, tag numbers, and nonresident funding you need to reread Oak's posts. Nonresident license allocation and input doesn't even crack the top 10 list of things we should be worried about for the future

Wrong, just over 50% of the GF budget comes from NR's in Wyoming....again, get your facts straight.

As for tag percentages, why don't you try actually looking instead of running your mouth...way more than the initial tag splits, and that actually is a FACT.
You're forgetting that the federal funding comes from other states. The amount of money brought in from the Pittman Robertson Act came mostly from non residents. WY population of 500k isn't generating much compared to the rest of the 331 million US citizens.

If you think this is as simple as game and fish waving a magic wand, setting population objectives, tag numbers, and nonresident funding you need to reread Oak's posts. Nonresident license allocation and input doesn't even crack the top 10 list of things we should be worried about for the future
Clearly there's other issues, but that's not the topic of the thread... Read the title and first post if you're confused why we're talking about NR opportunities.

You're forgetting that the federal funding comes from other states. The amount of money brought in from the Pittman Robertson Act came mostly from non residents. WY population of 500k isn't generating much compared to the rest of the 331 million US citizens.
Get your "facts" straight on how PR funds are divested, get back to me.

Laffin'...

Clearly there's other issues, but that's not the topic of the thread... Read the title and first post if you're confused why we're talking about NR opportunities.
I'm not confused at all. Those "other issues" are why people are so tired of this discussion.

My NR buddies from ND, have held at least one NR elk tag a year in the past 6 years, between them they've shot 15 elk with those 16 tags.

No opportunity?

Hilarious.

D5D61BDC-DE71-4D9F-89F7-666CB7BAB8A3.jpeg

40888.jpeg

56249.jpeg

56250.jpeg

56248.jpeg

IMG954268.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics