Devaluing Non-Residents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entitlement? No your smelling realism. It won’t take much to push this model , like so many other models in this country towards bending over and getting a capitalist enema.

You better get started, I'd expect vigorous push back, just sayin.

I am the person driving across Wyoming, Montana, etc. and the "help" is pretty thin. The people whining has increased dramatically on every hunting board with the increase in everyone wanting to hunt every state, every year, and they all want a tag everytime they apply.

In 45 years of doing this chit, I see the same faces at nearly every meeting. Where is this broad base of advocates you claim exist? Just point them out, I'm not seeing them.

You might feel the same in your State if you actually do any kind of advocacy, maybe it's different there.

FFS, many in the WYGF beg 3-4 of us to carry THEIR water on issues. Shouldn't be that way if all these advocates you claim are around every corner exist.

Funny that...
Not wrong. I attended the RMEF meeting in Cheyenne this evening. Ten people were there, four were RMEF employees or chapter heads, one was my wife who isn’t even a member.

The email invite maybe had 20 others. Maybe.

Not wrong. I attended the RMEF meeting in Cheyenne this evening. Ten people were there, four were RMEF employees or chapter heads, one was my wife who isn’t even a member.

The email invite maybe had 20 others. Maybe.
130,000 plus hunters in Wyoming. 5 people at a RMEF meeting being held in the biggest city in Wyoming. Getting it done!

People bitching about things they can't change (minds and fees): 426 posts
Ben Long's Raising Hell book on how to become a better hunting and fishing advocate: 32 posts

Wish those numbers were reversed.
Funny you mention useful use of time. I refeshed hunt talk a moment ago just to see what was posted, after finishing a chapter/whiskey and calling it a night. Was hoping this thread died.

Since this was already in my lap and im most way through - Ill pay shipping and make a 20 dollar donation to the next wildlife foundation of the next readers choosing. As long as they promise to do the same.

Ill post a review and the takeaways i had on that post.

Attachments

• 20240205_205056.jpg
    20240205_205056.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
When we lament the same group of folks at every event for 20 years - maybe it isn’t that everyone is lazy, but maybe that if someone showed up with new ideas the “regulars” would behave in a way the newbie wouldn’t be back a second time. Tired old organizations die for a reason and it usually isn’t because of folks who aren’t in the organization.

When we lament the same group of folks at every event for 20 years - maybe it isn’t that everyone is lazy, but maybe that if someone showed up with new ideas the “regulars” would behave in a way the newbie wouldn’t be back a second time. Tired old organizations die for a reason and it usually isn’t because of folks who aren’t in the organization.
Cop out. Get booed off stage and give up never got anything accomplished.

Only one way to make a difference either way.

Be part of an organziation making a positive difference for wildlife.

If you dont like the ones that exist - start one.

Nah - If you care about your cause/organization you need to make space for others. We all have limited time and resources. No one owes either to a self selected group of special people who “always know best”.
I remain facinated by people wanting an orginization to match their individual values.

Theyre all gonna do stuff you dont love...

Funny you mention useful use of time. I refeshed hunt talk a moment ago just to see what was posted, after finishing a chapter/whiskey and calling it a night. Was hoping this thread died.

Since this was already in my lap and im most way through - Ill pay shipping and make a 20 dollar donation to the next wildlife foundation of the next readers choosing. As long as they promise to do the same.

Ill post a review and the takeaways i had on that post.
Lots of good info in there that can be read in a night or two. I've got the book loaned out to a hunting buddy but i like your idea of passing it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back