Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Desert Mule Deer

GilaMonster

I've been pretty consistant with Desert Mule Deer in Southern New Mexico. I was an outfitter for seven years. I'd trade a New Mex. Desert Mule Deer hunt in November for a Texas Whitetail hunt in Texas in December or Janurary. I mean a hunt where I would have a reasonable chance of harvesting a mature buck.
dmd.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01 September 2001 23:09: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

OK, no one interested. How about I throw in my ex wife and a Desert Mulie hunt for a Texas Whitetail hunt? Hey, it's worth a try! ;)

Indiana?? Hmmmmm, a funny place for a Texas Whitetail! Hey that's OK, I don't have a NorthEastern Whitetail either. I assume you're talking an honest hunt where I would have a legetimate chance to actually shoot one. I could send you tons of pictures of the terrain but, unlike whitetails these mulies move a lot. Our terrain changes drastically from flat desert to high rough pine tree studded mountains. I can't tell you where I would take you until prior to the hunt. I do my homework. When I was working as an Outfitter, I had an overall success of over 90% for seven years (mature 4X4 bucks or better). I'll get you your buck. I just want the same in return. Hey, do you want pictures of the ex-wife?
cool.gif

Gila Monster if I can come with Jason you can add a another hunt for yourself here in North Carolina We have tons of decent bucks I couldnt guarantee you a b&c buck but I would say your chances are as good as any. I can say one thing I wont have one tied to a tree but I can guarantee you to have a good time. Food Lodgeing and everything here. Whatcha think

hey guys you have to be careful in that deer and wife hunt swap--sure you will get a deer but if you saw his wife MONICA well she aint horny shes got horns on her head,i think she`s part goat or something. :D :D :D you know how those good old mountain boy`s are
;) ;) ;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 25 September 2001 22:03: Message edited by: sambar ]</font>

Now remember guys, I'm looking for a hunt in September or after the middle of December. I absolutely can't leave here from the first of October to the middle of Dec. I'm not picky about weapon choice either. I can use 'em all, doesn't matter. I could take both of you: Jason Lee and Justin. Remember our seasons are short in New Mex.

You were spoiling the surprise Sambar. They didn't know how well I liked goats! Hahahaaa

Well that time line will let you hunt whitetail in indiana with a muzzel loader or a bow.

Justin has an eariler season that we do.

would be interested in a swap...hunt not wifes! Mine is still pretty new!

JL, What type of weapon do you like to use. The shots can be of considerable distance on the big boys. I suggest you go on the rifle hunt. Your muzzleloader season sounds like it would be fun. When is that season? Now are you sure you don't want the Ex Wife, I can't trade my present wife, she's too new also.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 29 September 2001 21:20: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

Gilamonster, I'm on a lease where the second rut is after Christmas. I can take you. Here's some pictures from the area.
View

or
View

Its in Reagan county Texas. From New Mexico you come down I10 and turn north by IraAnn or Ozona, its about 25 miles north and west of Big Lake. e-mail me, I have more pictures and we can talk about it!

Sorry Jason Lee and Justin, we might talk about a trade for 2003. Tom's got the Texas Whitetail & we've got a deal going for next year.

Sure looking foreward to it, Tom!

I'm going up to the lease this weekend. I'll come back with more pictures at least. This sounds great and I'm really looking forward to it, both when you come here and when I go there. :cool:

Hey GM and Tom sounds like you two have got it together for some real good hunting--both ways. Can you guys tell me how far you have to travel to your own hunting areas,and also GM how long a trip to Toms from your place in NM (miles and hours mate)Anyone else if you are interested can also put in some distances that they travel for hunting,its just something of interest to me as not too many people talk about their journeys only bragging about their bag.Some guys will travel for many hours in pursuit of a good chance at game others wont.When i lived in Victoria i could hunt deer 1/2 hr from home, now from Queensland for my last two trips for hunting one took 24hrs the other took 8hrs of driving,do you boys put in these sort of road miles? Also guys i saw a post where some guy talked about hunting one of his 300lb W-tail`s -- do they get that big?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back