Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Depublicize, Deglorify, Demonitize (anti-self promoting of hunting group)?

I agree with this, I enjoy seeing the adventure, not just the kill shots. Randy's day by day series for his dall sheep was probably one of my favorite hunts on any platform for the reasons you list above.
I know everyone is always looking for new content to watch that, I recently found Greg McHales Wild Yukon on youtube. I highly recommend it, Greg does some crazy stuff and he shows a lot of the adventure.
Randy’s content is the most authentic, IMO, but guys like Greg do a good job too. I have enjoyed Billy Moll’s Alaska content recently.

So.... I have been reading this thread for several days and trying to separate the legitimate concerns about the portrayal of hunting and it’s affect on our sport and the “look at me, I don’t like it” angst that I interpret as virtue signaling.
I hunt for my own reasons. I share what I share because I like the affirmation that follows from friends and like minded people who respond to my posts. I don’t alter my behavior to satisfy anyone but myself because I consider what I do to be well within the parameters of legality and in harmony with fair chase ethics.

Hunting personalities who have figured out a way to make hunting a profession or at least convert their hunting into paying for itself have a certain amount of respect from me because I know something of the effort it takes. I don’t expect all they do to jive with my personal preferences so long as they operate within the parameters of legality and fair chase ethics.
If a “celebrity” hunter disregards the law and fair chase ethics then I understand hammering them for that. But if it comes from a mentality of not liking or criticizing because they don’t do it like you think they should, that smells like sophomoric arrogance to me.
If the original intent of Matt Rinella’s group is a poke at his brother and the industry, I think it’s pretty funny and can appreciate it. Everyone needs an ego check once in a while to keep them from taking themselves too seriously. Personally, I think it’s intended this way and am amused by it.
However, I do think there’s some people piling on and taking themselves way to seriously that need to get over themselves.
But hey, if you want to buy a T-shirt at cost and join the anti-hipster, hipster club, knock yourself out. Just don’t be surprised when you see people snickering.

Last edited:
Randy’s content is the most authentic, IMO, but guys like Greg do a good job too. I have enjoyed Billy Moll’s Alaska content recently.
2nd the Billy Molls content

We find out WyoDoug is only maybe real, Dan LeBatard just announced he’s not Cuban, Remi Warren isn’t even a Montanan, it’s all just crumbling down. I’m gonna go snort MtnOps and get some bicep curls in before spring bear pics.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back